Hide word tracked changes when converting a Word document to PDF in .NET

Hello,

We very much like the (relatively) recently introduced feature to hide the MS Word Markup when using a docx document as a source file. Unfortunately, it seems as if comments (as opposed to other “red line” markup in a Word file with tracked changes turned on) are still being displayed when we convert a Word doc to PDF - even with HideWordTrackedChanges set to ‘true’. This is very problematic for us - our application seeks to provide a way for customers to suppress all markup when they choose to convert a Word/Office document to PDF, not just the bare minimum edit marks.

The default in the Word app itself is to consider comments as Markup along with actual additions/deletions in the document. If there is no API option to hide comments distinct from other forms of Markup, then I would expect that they would be hidden/displayed along with all other forms.

We are currently using GroupDocs Conversion version 3.4 for .Net…

Thank you,

David Odmark
CTO | greenlight.guru

Hi David,

Thank you for using GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET API.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. We are investigating on this issue and will get back to you soon.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi David,

Thank you for your patience.

We have reproduced this issue at our end. i am also logging it to our issue tracking system, so once we get any update from product team we will update you here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hello,

Can you provide me with an update on this issue? Is it currently scheduled for a fix, and if so, can you tell me approximately when?

Regards,

David Odmark
greenlight.guru | CTO
david.odmark@greenlight.guru

Hi David,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are glad to inform you that your raised issue (CONVERSIONNET-1557) is fixed in recent release of GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET API v16.12.0. Please click here to download the latest API.

If you will need any further help or you will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,

Hello Muhammad,

Unfortunately, I am still seeing the same behavior that prompted my original issue. Using GroupDocs Conversion for .Net version 17.1.0, I am still seeing comments rendered in the converted PDF file even when I set the HideWordTrackedChanges flag to ‘true’. There do not seem to be any other SaveOptions to influence this behavior

Attached please find a simple Word file that should exhibit the issue.

Please advise when this may be fixed.

Regards.

David Odmark
greenlight.guru | CTO
david.odmark@greenlight.guru

Hi David,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We are sorry for the inconvenience, i have reproduced this issue at my end and i have logged it on our issue tracking system for product team. I am in contact with product team and once i get any update from them, i will inform you here.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Warm Regards,

Hi David,

We got update from product team regarding your raised issue for hiding comments, this issue will be resolved in next upcoming release where new property "HideWordComments " in SaveOptions will be introduced. Once the new API release is ready for public use we will inform you here.

Thank you for your patience .

Warm Regards,

@david.odmark,

We are pleased to apprise you that your issue “HideWordTrackedChanges set to ‘true’ but still its showing track chnages and markup” is fixed in 17.3.0 version of the API. Please download this release and share your experience. However, we’d recommend you to integrate the most recent version of the API that is 17.9.0 in your project.