How do I set FontDirectories in GroupDocs.Conversion .NET 24.2?

In a previous version (22.1) I was setting the FontDirectories of the ConvertSettings object.

Trying to upgrade to 24.2, this now looks like a read-only property and throws an error.

How can I set this so I can use custom fonts?

@agilelaw

Please take a look at this document API reference. Let us know if you still have any query regarding font substitution.

No this is not what I’m looking for at all.

I’m using .NET on Linux so I have to reference 100s of Microsoft fonts, which I have done by setting the FontDirectories to the multiple directories that include my custom fonts.

Please fix this so that this property is no longer read only. All the other settings have both get and set functions. This is a major loss of functionality

1 Like

@agilelaw
Thanks for the clarification. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6717

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@agilelaw

Yes, the property FontDirectories is read-only, but you still may set folders:

var settings = new ConverterSettings();
settings.FontDirectories.AddRange(new List<string>
{
    ".",
    "/usr/share/fonts"
});

By default, the FontDirectories property contains the current working folder. If you need to clear the default value you can use the following:

settings.FontDirectories.Clear();

Please let us know if this works for you.

Looks like this is working

@agilelaw

Glad to know that the issue is resolved.