How to add Link-able annotations to PDF

Hi,

01. Please tell me if there is way to create Link-able annotations to PDF ?
02. Can we convert the annotation Editor to WYSIWYG editor?
03. Is there any way to prevent editing some other user’s annotation put on the document?

Regards,
Ravindra.

Hi Ravindra ,

Thank you for using GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API.

There are many different types of versions available for GroupDocs.Annotations for .NET like , GroupDocs.Annotation 2.x.0 UI based API , GroupDocs.Annotation Cloud API , Next Generation GroupDocs.Annotation API 3.x.x etc. From your query we are not sure about which version you are using, kindly share some more details regarding version so we can help out you more appropriately.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi Rizwan,

I’m trying the mvc web frontend(showcase) example download from here,
https://github.com/groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET/tree/master/Examples
(<a rel=“nofollow” href=“https://github.com/groupdocs-annotation/GroupDocs.Annotation-for-.NET/commit/0fc1c0be356c4ecf6e493f687646276e98208289” class=“message” data-pjax=“true” title=“Examples code updated with API 16.10.0” style=“box-sizing: border-box; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 245); color: rgb(136, 136, 136); text-decoration: none; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, “Segoe UI”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, “Apple Color Emoji”, “Segoe UI Emoji”, “Segoe UI Symbol”; font-size: 14px; white-space: nowrap;”>Examples code updated with API 16.10.0)

Actually I’m doing some feasibility study to check whether my company can use this tool or not.

Also let me know is there any version or API that included the features I asked.

Thank you,

Regards,
Ravindra.

Hi Ravindra,

Thank you for sharing the details.

1. Please see the complete GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API features list here.
  2. MVC front-end is an open source and you can change according to your requirements, although WYSIWYG is an HTML Editor (e.g Editor) and we don't see it’s a proper integration for annotating a document.
  3. GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET API have wider range of features to manage Data Storage, Users/Rights etc., please see the complete details here.

If you will need any help or you will have any other questions please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards,

For the question 1. Can you give us a little bit more info ? The feature list is not very clear about that.

In our case, we want to link an annotation with something in our database.

It could be when the user creates an annotation, he selects the entity link to the annotation and after he can place it into the document or add a custom menu to select an annotation already in place and assign it an entity.

When the user clicks on an Annotation, we catch the event and show related information from the related entity.

From our understanding, your product doesn’t give us the opportunity to handle the UI from the annotation and the Event. Did we miss something there?

Thanks again

@jptremblay,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Please note that GroupDocs.Annotation is available for following technologies:

• .NET - Back-end, UI-Independent API
  • Java - Back-end, UI-Independent API
  • Cloud - Cross-platform document annotation API

Our back-end APIs are totally UI-Independent and only cover these (.NET/Java) features. We’ve developed .NET and Java showcase projects for your ease.

You can also watch video demonstration of the showcase project.

You can only store annotations to database.
We’d recommend you to create new threads for further inquiries. You can post cloud related inquiries here.