How to Download or export annotated document

Hi,

I have one document in which i have added some text and circles and draw some lines using annotation.
so how can i download or export that document which contains my changes and drawing.

Hello Hiren,

First of all, GroupDocs.Annotation distinguishes the download and export.

“Downloading” means obtaining an original document, without annotations.
“Exporting” means obtaining the PDF- or Word-version of the original documents with all annotations, which are embedded inside it.

If you are asking about how to download or export the document using the GroupDocs.Annotation UI, please see the screenshot below.

screenshot
However if you want to obtain the document programmatically, this also can be done. Let’s say you have a “candy.pdf” document in the root storage, which is the “App_Data” folder.

If you want to download the original file without annotations, this can be done in a standard way: ASP.net File Download from Server

If you want to download document with embedded annotations, here is a source code , which generates such document:

const string _groupdocsTemp = “Saaspose”;
long sessionId = Groupdocs.Web.Annotation.FileSessionMapper.Instance[“candy.pdf”];
string tempFileName = AnnotationsExporter.Perform(sessionId, Filename, DocumentType.Pdf, AnnotationMode.TrackChanges);
string tempFilePath = Path.Combine(Path.GetTempPath(), _groupdocsTemp, tempFileName);

As a result, “tempFilePath” variable contains a full path to this newly created document, which can be requested from the client-side.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.