How to Process file from stream without filename

Hi

we are using groupdocs viewer for .Net version 3.2.0

Groupdocs has recently add a new feature termed as
  • VIEWERNET-304 - Process files from stream without specifying fileName parameter
We are looking ahead to implement this feature in our Viewer solution.
Please share sample code for how to implement this feature.

Please also suggest implementation of below new release/fixes of v3.2.0

· VIEWERNET-484 - Provide jpeg image quality setting

· VIEWERNET-515 - Improve quality of re-sized images

· VIEWERNET-525 - Implement storing cache files separately depends on use pdf option

· VIEWERNET-479 - Blurry document in Image Based rendering

I have gone through the release document but could find any example to implement this.
Please share more details if i am missing something on your release note.

Thanks

Hi parthpatel,

Thanks for raising your issues.

We apologize for inconvenience. We will surely provide the sample implementation against each of your stated feature. Once examples of these features are documented, we will notify you here shortly.

Thanks for your patience.

Warm Regards

Hi parthpatel,

Issue Tracking System is the part of internal communication and we do not expose the tickets publicly. However, I am posting the inline replies against each ticket.

VIEWERNET-304 - Processing files from stream without specifying fileName
You can find the implemented example of this feature here.

VIEWERNET-484 - Provide jpeg image quality setting
To set jpeg image quality, please see this.

VIEWERNET-479 - Blurry document in Image Based rendering
This issue is also related to the quality of the images (stated in VIEWERNET-484). You can set image quality in ImageOptions to avoid blurry images.

VIEWERNET-515 and VIEWERNET-525 are internal issues and not relevant to the Public API.

If you have any further question, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

The issues you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERNET-478) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.
(3)

The issues you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERNET-689) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.

Hi Usman

Thanks for the response.
with your guidlines we are able to implement VIEWERNET-484 and VIEWERNET-479.
Thanks for this.

in respective of VIEWERNET-304 - Processing files from stream without specifying fileName
We are currently using Groupdocs Legacy UI html based rendering with below codes.

if (request.UseHtmlBasedEngine)
{
var docInfo = _htmlHandler.GetDocumentInfo(new DocumentInfoOptions(request.Path);
result.documentDescription = new FileDataJsonSerializer(docInfo.Pages, new FileDataOptions()).Serialize(false);
result.docType = docInfo.DocumentType;
result.fileType = docInfo.FileType;

var htmlOptions = new HtmlOptions { IsResourcesEmbedded = true };
var htmlPages = htmlHandler.GetPages(request.Path, htmlOptions);
result.pageHtml = htmlPages.Select( => _.HtmlContent).ToArray();

//NOTE: Fix for incomplete cells document
for (int i = 0; i < result.pageHtml.Length; i++)
{
var html = result.pageHtml[i];
var indexOfScript = html.IndexOf(“script”);
if (indexOfScript > 0)
result.pageHtml[i] = html.Substring(0, indexOfScript);
}
}
I believe we could not skip the getDocumentInfo method because we are displaying the output to UI.
Here Groupdocs Legacy UI is most important for us and getDocumentInfo method only takes path of file but not stream of file.
so please provide a solution which has following
it should use Legacy UI of groupdocs(which was privided in 2.x generation)
It should use FileStream not any Path(example request.Path).

Please let us know if you require further explanation to grasp the situation properly.
keen to hear from you.

Thanks

Hi Support,

Thanks for update.

I have just downloaded sample webform front end examination to run quick test for v3.3.
https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/tree/master/Showcases
But the sample application is not working.
1. Its only loading/rendering first pages two time, no other pages loading
2. Even second page is not loading correctly, its showing blank. (Sometimes)
3. Thumbnail is not working.
4. Business Layer classes are not included in the project.

Please fix this ASAP so we can execute quick test cases against this app and also refer code in our web application.

Hi Puneet,

Your issue related to “loading Excel files” mentioned in “GDFRONT-21” has been resolved. Please download latest front end applications from GitHub and use latest version (3.4.0) of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

Warm Regards

Hi Parth Patel,

Good to know that you have successfully implemented VIEWERNET-484 and VIEWERNET-479.

What I get from your query is, you want getDocumentInfo to accept file stream too. If yes, then we have a good news that your desired feature will be available in the upcoming release v3.3.0.

I am linking this thread with related ticket in our Issue Tracking System. Once v3.3.0 is released, you would be notified here.

Warm Regards

Hi parthpatel,

Thanks for posting your inquiry.

I have tested latest WebForms Front End and it is working without any issue. I am writing the possible reasons of each of your raised issues.

1. Its only loading/rendering first pages two time, no other pages loading
There might be the issue with path of your license file in Global.asax. Please verify it.

2. Even second page is not loading correctly, its showing blank. (Sometimes)
Issue is not reproduced at my end. It might be the same issue as of point# 1.

3. Thumbnail is not working.
Make sure that GetDocumentPageImage.aspx is included in your project. It might be in “Excluded” state.

4. Business Layer classes are not included in the project
Please include all .cs files in BusinessLayer folder including Helper sub folder in it.

Please try the above mentioned tips and share your experience with latest version of the API.

Warm Regards

Thanks for quick response. I think its looks better now after including missing files in project.

Few issues which I have found while testing your sample web (WebForms Front End) application project.

1. Excel files are not loading (Please use sample.xlsx provided in your sample project)
2. PPT and Doc is not loading correctly. (Please use sample.pptx and demo.docx provided in your sample project)
2 Thumbnail is not displaying when having single page

Please fix this ASAP.
Hi Support,

Rending image type file in the html based rendering is not working correctly.
Sometimes images are displaying too small when its render first time, while rendering from cache its displaying large. In both the scenario its not displaying based on its actual size. Even image type files are not rendering in chrome and edge browsers. I have attached few images files you can verify it.

We have also observed files containing images (i.e. Docs, PPT) having issue in HTML based rendering.

Please look into theses issues and let me know in case you need any further information.

Thanks,
[Parth Patel]

Hi Support,

In earlier version of 3.x, preloadPagesCount was not working. We can see its working better now in v3.3 but when we are loading large files (~2 MB or more). Its loading first page quickly but its taking too much time load other pages. We have set preloadPagesCount = 1. I have attached one sample PDF with this conversion (general_relativity.zip), could you please investigate on this issue and provide your comments.

We have also observed Thumbnail is taking too much time to load. Please look into this issue also.

Please let me know in case you require any further details.

Thanks,
[Parth Patel]

Hi Parth,

Thanks for providing us details.

We will investigate each of your raised issues and try to provide the update/fix for each issue. Please stay tuned.

Please note that always create separate thread for each issue. Multiple issues in same thread may create ambiguity.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Warm Regards
Hi Aziz,

Thanks for your quick response. Will make sure not to raise multiple issues in same thread.

Thanks,
[Parth Patel]

Hi Parth,

Warm Regards
Hi Support,

Could you please let me know status on issues raised in forum # 12921, 12927, 12938?

It will be really good if we have fixes ASAP.

Thanks,
[Parth Patel]

Hi Patel,

Your reported issue is under unvestigation and once we have any update/fix, we will surely notify you.

Warm Regards

Dear Customer the logged front end issues in our support JIRA as GDFRONT-22 and GDFRONT-23 have been logged at GitHub. In order to avail future correspondence and further updates regarding these issues, please follow the following links:

1. https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/37
  2. https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/36

Hi Patel,

Your stated issue “unable to load excel files” has been fixed. Please download latest copy of the front end application from Github. Thanks

Warm Regards