How to realtime update document viewer if I add an annotation using annotation creation API call?

Hi, I am trying to make a simple prototype where I can add annotations using the provided API calls in javascript and view the document along side with the annotations.

I am successful in creating the annotations using the API calls but everytime I call the api i have to reload the iframe for viewing the added annotations. Is there any way the document viewer views the new added annotation in real-time when i call the API?

Other thing is that Am I using the correct iframe for viewing the document with annotaions in javascript? The default document viewer does not list displays the annotations.

I have attached a screenshot of my prototype.

Hi mfaizan ,

Thank you for Giving a try to GroupDocs.Annotation.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. To reproduce this issue at our end, we need your sample project code. Kindly also share details about GroupDocs.Annotation API Version.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Rizwan, I have sent you the code files in email.

Kindly check the groupdocsViewer.html file in examples folder.
Currently on adding an annotation I am reloading the iframe to view the added annotation. What I want is that when I add an annotation using the api call, the document viewer should auto-update the annotations in real time just like it does when you add an annotaion using the embedded toolbar.

Other thing is that the javascript-sdk (GroupDocs.Total Product Family · GitHub) does not contain any documentation on how to build the project. I am unable to run the example “recommended” way.

Hi Faizan ,

Thank you for sharing details, unfortunately we are unable to find any code in private message you sent. kindly upload the code on Google Drive or Dropbox and share its link with us.

As we can see that you are using GroupDocs-Javascript SDK and we have separate team for it so further my fellows will coordinate with you, we will inform them about your issue.

Have great weekend ahead.

Warm Regards,

Rizwan, Get the sample code from

https://www.dropbox.com/

May be you need to update the API keys before using.

Hi Faizan ,

Thank you for sharing sample project.

Your raised issue is forwarded to the concerned team and they will investigate on this issue and soon our fellow team member will coordinate you .

Thank you for patience and cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hello,

We have investigated your demo example and it looks well . Unfortunately, you can not view new added annotations in the real-time without reloading an iframe, because after you call the API method for creating new annotation, the browser will not know that the content of the document in the iframe is changed . So your use case is the most correct.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

---------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+