How to save embedded images separately when converting from DOCX to HTML

Is there a way to save the embedded images within a file being converted so that the HTML references them as a JPG/PNG available from the file system?

Thanks

@AllenMorgan
GroupDocs.Conversion for .NET doesn’t support such a feature. However, we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-5804

You can obtain Paid Support services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

Hi Atir, thanks for the prompt response. I think for larger documents having the embedded resources extracted and downloadable separately would be an advantage, If you are open to bright ideas I have the following suggestions:

• For linked resources name them with the MD5 or similar hash so that the same content has the same name, this will enable CDNs/Proxy servers to more aggressively cache content and would mean faster load times
  • Have a size limit parameter under which embedded resources would stay embedded. It might be faster to load a 500k document than 10 separated.

Thank you!

@AllenMorgan

Our investigation into the scenario has revealed that GroupDocs.Conversion does not have the capability to support it. However, we will take a look at your suggestions. But we cannot share any ETA when this could be investigated/implemented.

Atir, that’s absolutely fine. The previous solution (also OutsideIn based) was doing this. There are some speed advantages for smaller files but I notice larger documents are loading slower. I am in no rush.

Thanks again!

@AllenMorgan

You are welcome.