How to use groupdocs.viewer with a standalone angular application and a separate .Net Web API application?

Hi,
We want to use the document viewer functionality in our angular application. We already have the license of Conholdate.Total so we were exploring GroupDocs.Viewer package. From the documentation and examples, it seems like this works when the .Net and the angular applications are tied together. It is our understanding that the .Net application generates view files and then a selector in the angular application renders that file. Ours is a .Net WebAPI application and a separate angular application that consumes the endpoints of the .Net application. Is it possible to achieve the same thing in our case where there is no connection between .Net and angular application and they can only communicate using REST API endpoints? @groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer package also seems to require the .Net application to be tied to the angular application. How can we use the UI that the groupdocs.Viewer provides in our application?

Thanks,
Shrey

1 Like

@shrey

Yes, GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET is a back-end, UI-agnostic API. The core functionality of the API is to convert the source file in Image, HTML or PDF formats. Later, these rendered files could be opened/viewed in the UI application.
Apart from saving the converted/output file to the local storage/disc, GroupDocs.Viewer also allows to save results in stream.
Please take a look at this documentation article - Save output to a stream. Then you can pass this stream to UI.

Hi,
Yes we can pass the HTML to UI and it will render but in that case, we have to develop our custom UI right? We were looking to use the same UI that GroupDocs.Viewer provides with its npm package. Is there any way we can use the UI part of the GroupDocs.Viewer as well with this tech stack?

Thanks,
Shrey

@shrey

You can try UI for GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

@atir.tahir this also requires the UI application to be tied with the .Net application. if I have an angular application which is independent, how can I use it?

@shrey

I’m sorry for the delayed response. You can use @groupdocs.examples.angular/viewer component and do not tight it to .NET application. You can find the example how to use this component here.

Please let us know if you have eny questions.

Thank you for the information.

@EnigmaticEcho

You’re welcome!