HTML5 Viewer questions

Hello,

I am interested in your html5 viewer with annotation function and have a few questions that I want to check with you.

1. I saw on your website that you provide multiple 3rd party storage options. Can we choose the data center location in terms of if it is US or European based? If it has to be US based, does it comply with international regulations? For example the European Unions's data protection directive).

2. Do you have the text to audio function for visually impaired person's accessibility?

3. What operating systems/platforms do you support?

Thank you in advance. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
Mei
Thanks,

Stella Lyu

This message was posted using Email2Forum by george.clark.

Hi Mei

Thanks for taking interest in our product.

I am writing inline answers of your questions.

1. I saw on your website that you provide multiple 3rd party storage options. Can we choose the data center location in terms of if it is US or European based? If it has to be US based, does it comply with international regulations? For example the European Unions’s data protection directive).

The API supports 3rd party storage and you can write code for any storage you want. We provide a public API for storage and file management. With this API any storage can be used by the customer (for example Azure, Amazon S3, etc). But the code to context to that storage will be written by the customer himself.

2. Do you have the text to audio function for visually impaired person’s accessibility?

Currently, GroupDocs.Viewer API does not provide this feature.

3. What operating systems/platforms do you support?

GroupDocs.Viewer supports following OS

• MS Windows
  • MS Server OS
  • Windows Azure
  • Linux (Ubuntu, openSUSE, CentOS and others)

Supported frameworks include .NET Framework starting from V2.0 and Mono Framework starting from V1.2.

If you have any further questions, please let us know.

Warm Regards

Hi Mei

We will require some more information from you in order to guide you properly. Please mention the type of the API you want to use. Whether you are interested in GroupDocs.Viewer Cloud API or our Next Generation GroupDocs.Viewer APIs. However, I am writing inline answers of your questions.

1. For my first questions, I think we weren’t exactly talking about the same topic. I was asking about where the server will be. If it is US based, our European customers might be worried about the security of their data because it leaves our company’s control and it is not in Europe. So what I was asking if that if we can choose the location of the data center. For example, AWS has servers in both US and Europe. Can we choose both? Or only US? Or only Europe? If we can only choose US, does any of your third party cloud comply with international regulations? One example would be European union’s data protection directive.

Please note that our next generation GroupDocs.Viewer APIs starting v3.0 are UI less backend APIs and they are independent of severs.

2. What browser do you support?

This is also dependent on which type of API you require. If you want to use Next Generation GroupDocs.Viewer APIs, then they are browser independent and you can create you own browser friendly application.

3. The following OS you listed in your reply, are those OS supported for users or developers?
GroupDocs.Viewer supports following OS

MS Windows
MS Server OS
Windows Azure
Linux (Ubuntu, openSUSE, CentOS and others)
3. The following framework you listed in your reply, are those what are supported for developers? We are java based. Is that OK?

Yes. GroupDocs.Viewer for Java is also available. Again, we need more information about type of API you require.

4. Are you mobile friendly? Eg. iPhone, iPad, amazon tablet, android phone/tablet…

Please provide more information about the type of the API you require.

5. Do you support localization in terms of language? How many do you support?

Yes, GroupDocs.Viewer API supports localization. If you are using next generation GroupDocs.Viewer API then you can set any language of your choice.

We will be waiting for your response.

Warm Regards

Hello,

Your live demo seems to be not working for me… It says “The user is not permitted to annotate on this document.”

Is there any place I can see a demo of the annotation function?

Thanks,

Stella Lyu

Hi Mei,

We apologize for inconvenience.

Please check whether you are logged in or not. If you are logged in then please first log out and then go to live demo and try to annotate the document. Please try it and share your experience. We shall be waiting for your response.

Warm Regards

Sorry, it’s not working even if I’m logged out. Please let me know when it’s available.

Hi Mei,

We apologize that you are still facing the issue. Can you please provide us the screenshot of message you are receiving? It would be very helpful for us to investigate the issue more quickly. We shall be waiting for your response.

Warm Regards

It’s just when I choose the annotation, the tools don’t work. For example the text box doesn’t add any text box. Is it working on your side? I don’t know what screenshot I can take to assist you.

Hi Mei,

I have checked the live demo of GroupDocs.Annotation at my end. And it is working fine in logged out state. You may try it again and after putting first annotation on the document please wait for a few seconds and the annotation will appear on the screen. After that the application will work smoothly. Please try this and share your experience.

Warm Regards

Sorry, but it is not working on my end. I am using safari.

Could you give me a list of Prizm supported file formats in coverage of Microsoft Office files?

Hi,

Thank you for this details. The list of supported file formats you can find here.

As for the issue with live demo - you can log in to your GroupDocs account dashboard and try the Annotation there .

Best regards.