IE 11 .txt files and scrolling

Good morning

Still playing with the evaluation edition and have encountered an issue with IE 11 in the ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End example.

When I open a .txt file in IE 11 then scroll down the file, the attached error occurs.

Any ideas how to get around this?

Best regards

@richard.dean,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

In order to investigate the issue at our end, we would require you to provide us following details:

• Version of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET you are using
  • Rendering mode (HTML based rendering or Image based rendering)
  • Problematic .txt document

We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

Please find attached the text document I am attempting to view.

The runtime version of GroupsDocs.viewer is v2.0.50727 (the example on github)

I am using attempting to view using the html rendering mode.

@richard.dean,

Thanks for your response.

First of all, to find the correct version of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET, you can right click its reference entry, select properties and find the value of Version (as shown in this screenshot).

We have tested your provided .txt file in ASP.NET MVC Front End with GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET 17.7.0 but unable to reproduce the issue. Even if we scroll down till the end to the document, no exception occur (see this). The browsers that we used to test this issue are listed below:

• IE 11 (11.540.1563.0)
  • Google Chrome 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Firefox 54.0.1 (32-bit)

You can try to completely clear the cache of your browser and check if it works for you. Furthermore, you can also try the <a rel=“nofollow” href=“https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/tree/master/Showcases/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-Modern-UI” class=“js-navigation-open” id=“521843134e1c3913925efb8fcc2df297-911095a95f111b5b8df9b36ba0487805aec16d74” title=“GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-Modern-UI” style=“box-sizing: border-box; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); color: rgb(3, 102, 214); text-decoration-line: none; font-family: -apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, “Segoe UI”, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif, “Apple Color Emoji”, “Segoe UI Emoji”, “Segoe UI Symbol”; font-size: 14px; white-space: nowrap;”>GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-Modern-UI which is the latest and more stable document viewer application.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

Warm Regards

Good morning Usman

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

I am currently using the 17.6.0.0 version of GroupDocs.Viewer - the one provided in the github sample.

I cleared the cache of all my browsers and the problem persists. I shall try the GroupDocs.Viewer for modern UI and see how I get on with that.

Thanks for the advice.

Rich

@richard.dean,

Thanks for your response.

We further investigated your issue and found that browser’s console is showing the error “Cannot read property ‘y’ of undefined” when we scroll the pages, however, it is not causing to stop/crash the application. As this is not related to the back-end GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API, therefore, we have logged this issue on GitHub as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/153. In case we get any updates regarding this issue, we’ll notify you here. In the meanwhile, we would appreciate you to try the GroupDocs.Viewer for modern UI and share your valuable feedback with us.