IE no cahce issue

Hello,

We have a cache issue on ie. Our senario is like below;

1-User opens a document from our document management system with groupdocs viewer.
2-User closes it and changes that document
3-After change, user reopens document, but document not changed, it shows old document.

The reason is ie is make call only once for same urls, then its not call again and get pages from its cache. I’ve searched this situation and i found that this is a common situation.

I’ve searched how to resolve it. I added some properties to header but they didnt solved my issue.

"

Expires: -1
Cache-Control: no-store, no-cache, must-revalidate, max-age=0, post-check=0, pre-check=0

Pragma: no-cache"

Then i found another solution for it. if we can change request with adding random number to query string, ie sees it different and make call again. There is a property in jquery for it. jQuery.ajax() method have a property called "cache" if you set it false, it will automatically adds a random value to querystring. It'll solve our problem i guess.

What dou you suggest? Or could you please add a random value to query string?

Kind regards,

Hello again,

Is there any progress?

Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Yes, you are right, currently using of the ajax option is the only way to resolve the issue. But we work on the release of the next generation Viewer library and the new library will have nothing with the current, its totally rebuild from scratch and the issue should be resolved in it because you will be able to create a custom UI and workflow.

Please stay tuned and you will be notified when it will be available.

Best regards.