InputDataHandler should not be static

Hi,

right now InputDataHandler contains a static reference to the data handler and it should not be static!
Since our CustomDataInputHandler is user sepecific and thus HTTP session specific, we need to store it as the HTTP session attribute. We store the AnnotationHandler like that already. Unfortunately the AnnotationHandler despite of that it’s one per user session, it references the same CustomDataInputHandler instance as it’s static. See e.g. the ViewerHandler constructor.

That’s unfortunately a showstopper for us.
Please let me know if you plan to change it.

Thanks,
Mariusz

Hello Mariusz,

Thank you for this improvement suggestion. Yes, we’ve planned to change it. It is planned to be released in the 2.6.0 version of the GroupDocs.Viewer so in the 1.8.0 version of the GroupDocs.Annotation for Java library. You’ll be informed when the release will be published.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as VIEWERJAVA-551) have been fixed in this update.

This message was posted using Notification2Forum from Downloads module by groupdocs.notifier.

Awesome! Thank you. So CustomDataInputHandler should work OK with the new version. I’m waiting now for some good news concerning connectors:)

Yes, the CustomDataInputHandler should be OK after update. About connectors I’m describing in separate threads. :slight_smile: