Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

Is it a compulsory to use Maven and an IDE of any kinds(eclipse- NetBeans- etc) to use Groupdocs.viewer or groupdocs.annotation

Hi, This is Yern Yee.

I would like to ask regarding groupdocs whether it’s a compulsory to use Maven and an IDE of any kinds(eclipse, NetBeans, etc)

to use Groupdocs.viewer or groupdocs.annotation. I am sorry for being a total newbies in Java framework.

I did download and install maven as taught in the sample. I have Apache Maven version 3.3.9.

And when I did mvn test compile on GroupDocs.Viewer_2.14.0-Java-Examples\GroupDocs.Viewer_2.14.0-Java-Examples\samples\spring, it shows

[INFO] --- maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) @ groupdocs-viewer-spring ---

[INFO] No sources to compile

I’m really sorry for disturbing and will be very glad if you could reply my email and perhaps guide me a little on how to do it on Java.

Thanks

Regards,

Yern Yee

This message was posted using Email2Forum by atirtahir3.

Hello,

Thank you for your request.

You do not need to use the IDE to run our samples of the library, but we recommend to use them , because you will be able to configure the library and debug it. One of the important points to run the sample is Java web server (Apache Tomcat, JBoss , Wildfly and etc) so your server is suitable. In our demo examples we have attached a readme.md file in which described how to run our examples via run.bat file.

So please follow these instructions and if you will have more questions please feel free to contact us.

-------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+