Is there an updated (i.e. version 14+) Angular viewer component?

Hello,

we just bought a license for the GroupDocs.Viewer for JAVA, and our front-end is running on Angular 15. Your Angular viewer component demo here: GitHub - groupdocs-total/GroupDocs.Total-Angular: Angular based UI for GroupDocs Products is for Angular 8, so not compatible with 15 or even Ivy in general. The Angular client components in your other repos, such as GitHub - groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET: GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET examples, plugins and showcase and GitHub - groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-UI: UI - User Interface for GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET document viewer and automation API. seem to be using Angular 14, but are still referencing the same old version of the component (0.8.99) and require to install dependencies using --legacy-peer-deps, so they’re not exactly up-to-date. At the same time, I noticed that in your main viewer demo page, you’re using Angular 14.

So the question is, is there an Angular Viewer component that is up-to-date with Angular (14+) and does not require --legacy-peer-deps to build?

Thank you

1 Like

@digeomel
We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): VIEWERJAVA-3166

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@digeomel

Angular Viewer is not up to date with Angular 14. At the moment the component updated to Angular 14 is developed internally and supports only image mode. We’ve planned to make changes public when both image and HTML modes will be implemented. Are you going to use Viewer in image or HTML mode?

I have already cloned your public repo and made a branch where I upgraded everything properly to Angular 15, including all dependencies. You can build it with the latest version of npm, without using --legacy-peer-deps, but of course I haven’t tested all functionalities.

We only care about the viewer and we need to make changes to fit our particular back-end API. We just got the license for the Java Viewer and I needed a way to test, so I couldn’t wait until you officially released it to the public. For now it’s integrated with our application in HTML mode, and we’d like to keep it in HTML mode. It has some bugs, which I’m planning to fix on my own, until of course we can test with your own component.

@digeomel

Got it, thank you for sharing the code. As soon as we have our component available we’ll let you know here.

1 Like

I can make a PR if you like. Just let me know.

@digeomel

Thanks, we have your changes and I’ll check with our web-devs if we need the PR right now.