Is viewer compatible with .NET 6?

.NET 6
GroupDocs.Viewer.UI 3.1.5
GroupDocs.Viewer.UI.SelfHost.Api 3.1.12
GroupDocs.Viewer.UI.Api.Local.Storage 3.1.2
GroupDocs.Viewer.UI.Api.Local.Cache 3.1.3

When viewing PowerPonit files, it thrown exception as below, but other file type is okay.

Could not load file or assembly ‘Aspose.Slides, Version=21.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=716fcc553a201e56’. General Exception (0x80131500)

Exception (116.9 KB)

It is normal if I change .net sdk back from .net 6 to .net 5

@jefflin0322

Yes, GroupDocs.Viewer is compatible with .NET 6. We’ve created the issue in our internal bug-tracker. The issue ID is VIEWERNET-3965. We’ll update you as soon as we have any updates.

@vladimir.litvinchik

Any workaround for this issue?

@jefflin0322

I’ve failed to reproduce this issue on my end on Windows and in Docker container. Can you please share the sample application that you’re running and the file to reproduce this issue or modify the sample-app.zip (1.2 MB).

@vladimir.litvinchik

I tried your sample-app without any issue. Only different with my app is to setup Watermark license.
I revised your sample-app as below:

1. Add GroupDocs.Watermark for .NET 21.3.0 package
  2. Set watermark license of Startup.cs.(line 20~22)
    sample-app_revised.zip (1.0 MB)

@jefflin0322

The simplest solution could be setting Viewer’s license before Watermark’s license see sample-app-revisited.zip (345.5 KB), but in this case Watermark may throw. A better option that I’ve copnsidered was GroupDocs.Total. It includes Viewer and Watermark in a single assembly. Unfortunately, GroupDocs.Total has issues with .NET 6 that are going to be fixed in the next public release.

@vladimir.litvinchik

Thank you for your response. I tried to use GroupDocs.Total, but components of GroupDocs.Total are not all latest version, and also not support .NET6 now.

Any ETA about this?

@jefflin0322

We’ve already discussed the issue and planned to fix it. Unfortunately, I can’t give you a precise ETA, but I believe it may take one or two weeks to publish next version of GroupDocs.Total. We’ll keep you updated.

@vladimir.litvinchik

Thank you very much.

1 Like

@jefflin0322

You’re welcome!

1 Like

@vladimir.litvinchik
Any update?

@jefflin0322

It took much more time than we expected to publish the next version of GroupDocs.Total. At this point, the version that is going to be published should pass the quality gate. As soon as the new version will be available we’ll let you know.

@jefflin0322

GroupDocs.Total for .NET 22.7 has been published. The updated version of GropuDocs.Viewer.UI that is referencing Total instead of Viewer can be found in total-self-host-api branch. The PowerPoint presentations can be renderered without the exception now.