Issue converting MSG to PDF in Java

Hello,

I’m using GroupDocs.Conversion Java version 17.7.1 and I’m running into an issue with the rendered PDF document when converting from an MSG file. The conversion process adds a lot of information to the top of the rendered PDF which we would like the option to hide if possible. Additionally, some of the information that is rendered is not rendering correctly, most notably the SENT field. I’ve attached a sample MSG file and the rendered PDF.

Here is the code block responsible for the conversion:

new License().setLicense(ConnectionHandler.class.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(“GroupDocs.Conversion.lic”));
ConversionHandler conversionHandler = new ConversionHandler(new ConversionConfig());
PdfSaveOptions saveOptions = new PdfSaveOptions();
saveOptions.setOutputType(OutputType.Stream);
response.getOutputStream().write(conversionHandler.convert(parts.get(0).getInputStream(), filename, saveOptions).toBytes());

I would appreciate any assistance to resolve this issue.

Thank you,

Robert HunterMSG-PDF.pdf (44 KB)

@rhunter,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Conversion for Java and posting your concerns.

Please attach the MSG file again. We could only see a PDF file. You can compress both files to zip and then upload.

Apologies! Attached is a .zip with the two files.msgfiles.zip (41.6 KB)

@rhunter,

Thanks for sharing the problematic file.
This scenario is reproduced at our end as well. Hence, we are investigating this issue. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONJAVA-522. As we have any further updates, we shall update you.

@rhunter,

Your reported issue CONVERSIONJAVA-522 is fixed in v18.7 of the API.