Issues with evaluation GroupDocs.Viewer

I downloaded source code and try to evaluate with Visual studio 2022 but nothing is working, appreciate your support to share working sample file for visual studio (.NET 4.8 & core 7 both) to complete evaluation.

I need Urgent support in evaluation of Document Viewer and Editor.

This Topic is created by vladimir.litvinchik using Email to Topic tool.

@VineetaB

Can you please clarify which projects have you downloaded?
Have you got a chance to try our ASP.NET Core demo?
Also, you can get a temporary license to enable all the features. See how to get a temporary license here.

I downloaded the code from “GitHub - groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET: GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET examples, plugins and showcase

I tried with Asp.net web Form, and getting below error -

image.png (75.2 KB)

@VineetaB

Can you please try restoring NuGet packages in Visual Studio from the Solution Explorer window?

1. Right-click on the solution name GroupDocs.Viewer.AspNetWebForms.
  2. Click on Restore NuGet Packages.

In case it won’t work please try opening the project file GroupDocs.Viewer.AspNetWebForms.csproj:

1. Right-click on the project name GroupDocs.Viewer.AspNetWebForms.
  2. Select Unload project.
  3. Again, right-click on the project name GroupDocs.Viewer.AspNetWebForms.
  4. Select Edit project file.
  5. Search for EnsureNuGetPackageBuildImports and remove this section
  <Target Name="EnsureNuGetPackageBuildImports" BeforeTargets="PrepareForBuild">
    <PropertyGroup>
      <ErrorText>This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Use NuGet Package Restore to download them.  For more information, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=322105. The missing file is {0}.</ErrorText>
    </PropertyGroup>
    <Error Condition="!Exists('packages\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.3.6.0\build\net472\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.targets')" Text="$([System.String]::Format('$(ErrorText)', 'packages\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.3.6.0\build\net472\Microsoft.CodeDom.Providers.DotNetCompilerPlatform.targets'))" />
  </Target>
  1. Right-click on the project name GroupDocs.Viewer.AspNetWebForms.
  2. Select Reload project and try building one more time.

Thanks for the reply.

I followed your steps, now getting below error -

image.png (56.1 KB)

Kindly Suggest

@VineetaB

Unfortunately, I can’t reproduce the same issue locally. Can you please zip the app you’re trying to build and share it?

Please, also make sure that you have ASP.NET and web development workload installed.

asp-net-and-web-development-workload.png (187.3 KB)

ASP.NET Web Forms.zip
@Vladimir,

Kindly find the attachment.

@VineetaB

To run the project targeting .NET Framework 4.6 a couple of modifications were required. Please try running this ASP.NET Web Forms (.NET Framework 4.6).zip project.

@VineetaB

Did it help to fix the issue with running the demo app?

Thanks @vladimir.litvinchik. the demo app is working fine.

@VineetaB

Thank you for the feedback. Let us know if you have any questions.