JPG to PNG and Tiff conversion issue in .NET

We are seeing the same thing with the .Net framework, v24.1.0. I have not tried earlier versions. This ALSO happened using groupdocs.cloud to test this graphic on line (Online file conversion | Free GroupDocs Apps). Just spins.

Using Visual Studio .Net framework 4.6.2. Found it with this file, trying to convert to PNG and TIF:

It hangs on .Convert.

I changed the graphic in inkscape and saved it, then conversion worked fine. Other graphics were able to convert to png or tif, so it’s more of the source, not the destination (I’m guessing). Acting like an infinite loop.

Here’s a code snippet:
// Create a converter
using (Converter converter = new Converter(source_file_name_with_path))
{
// Get all available supported conversions for the specified file
PossibleConversions conversions = converter.GetPossibleConversions();

// Convert the image file to a supported image format
			if (conversions.All.Any())
			{
				TargetConversion target_conversion = conversions[output_extension];

// Convert the file, if there are supported conversion options
				if (target_conversion != null)
				{
					ConvertOptions convert_options = target_conversion.ConvertOptions;

// Delete file in case it exists
					Files.DeleteFile(output_file_name_with_path);

// It hangs here!
					converter.Convert(output_file_name_with_path, convert_options);
				}
			}
		}

Just some more information, this file is able to be converted if we downgrade to v22.2.0. It fails with 22.4.0.

@aimereon
This issue is reproduced at our end. We have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6684

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-6684) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov