'jQuery' is undefined

I have downloaded the latest version (1.11.0) of the signature library and have managed to create a simple ASP.NET project in Visual Studio using the sample as a guideline. I was able to present a document for signature and sign it successfully.

However, when I deploy the project to one of our local servers, it doesn’t work. The IE debug tools indicate that “jQuery is undefined”, which suggests that the jQuery .js files are not being pulled into the .aspx file. I have included the following line:

<%: GroupdocsSignature.CreateScriptsLoadBlock().UseHttpHandlers() %>

…which is supposed to do this. Given that it works locally, I presume this is correct.

On closer inspection, this line adds a link to the jQuery as follows:

…but when I try to browse directly to this link to see if the Javascript file is there, I get this error:

Resource Groupdocs.Web.UI.Signature…{virtualdirectory}scripts.lib.jquery-1.7.1.min.js not found!

I suspect this should actually be linking to Groupdocs.Web.UI.Signature.scripts.lib.jquery-1.7.1.min.js and shouldn’t have the name of our virtual directory in there. This would also explain why it works locally because when it runs under localhost, there is no virtual directory.

I know that the httphandlers are supposed to redirect that jQuery URL to a resource, but for some reason they aren’t linking to the correct place. I have the handlers set up in my web.config as described in the tutorial for the version of IIS that I am using on the server (7, running in integrated mode). The handler is within the system.webserver tag as follows:

Again, given that it works locally, I presume this is also correct.

Any suggestions?

Hi,

Thank you for the request. Since its works well on localhost and doesn’t with the IIS virtual directory you should configure handler correctly. Please investigate this documentation for more info.

Best regards.

Following those instructions is the same as adding the handler into the web.config manually as described in your How to use GroupDocs.Signature for .NET in an ASP.NET Project tutorial. All it does is modify the web.config in the same way as your tutorial describes:

<system.webServer>
</system.webServer>

Admittedly there are extra resourceType and preCondition parameters, but theses don’t appear to have any effect on the problem.

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. I was able to reproduce the issue and created a ticket for our Product team. When it will be resolved I will notify you here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

OK, thank you.

Hi

Is there any update on this issue, or any idea of timelines for resolving the issue. As it is critical in our decision making as to the tool of choice.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for asking. Sorry, but according on our support policies I can’t provide any estimate. Please be patient and when I will get any news from our Product team - I will notify you.

Hi Pavel

As there appears to still be no fix, please can you let me know if there is any workaround that allows us to create sub sites, that could be done so we can test the applications capability while the fix is being worked on?

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for asking. Sorry, but there is no any news yet about the fix and there is no work around.

Our Product team work hard on the next generation Signature to release it as soon as possible and the issue will be resolved in it. Please be patient and wait for the new version of the library.

Hi

I know you say you are unable to provide timescales but as a rough guide will something be available in the next 2 to 3 weeks as we are looking at having to deliver something by the end of the month.

Thanks
rob

Hi Rob,

Thank you for asking. Unfortunately no, we plan to release it in the next month.