Large excel files fail to load in Firefox

We have discovered an issue with certain versions of Firefox where the Viewer will not load Excel workbooks with many rows fails to load. (This use-case works fine in Safari and Chrome; it’s only Firefox that is affected.)
You can view the example here (source code here). The file in question can be downloaded here

Smaller excel files work just fine in Firefox. At this point, I’m tempted to say that this is more of a bug with Firefox, but I don’t know enough about the Viewer’s inner-workings to say for sure. Hence, I’m letting you guys know about it.

Hello Nick,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Could you please specify in which versions of the Firefox browser you have got the issue . We have tested your file on our side with Firefox 41.0.1 and your document was rendered well for us, yes it has some blur, but it should be fixed in our next release of Cloud service. At this moment on our dev server this file has such image .

Please come back to us with these details and we will be glad to help you.

----------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

At present, we are able to reproduce the error with Firefox version 40.

Hello Nick,

We are sorry, but we still can't reproduce your issue on 40.0 version of Firefox browser , we also have tested on previous versions but without any results, your file is rendered well as you can see on a screenshot .

But we found out that if we will change the .width parameter to 1200px then we can get this issu . Could you please specify, did you get the same issue on your side with Firefox browser?

If yes, then we have informed our Product team about it already and they works on resolving the issue.

---------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Yes, if I bump the width up to 1200px, I get the same error as you.

Interestingly enough, once I dialed down the width to 500px, both errors disappeared and the document rendered just fine.

Hello Nick,

I’m glad to hear that if you set width to 500px the issues are resolved. As for the issue with large size (1200px) we will resolve this issue and then notify you here.

Best regards.