Large size font folder was created in Temp

Hi support team,
I using GroupDocs Conversions .NET for convert file to html
Today I check Temp folder and found that CustomTempFonts folder was created from the time begin using GroupDocs. Folder size is approximate 100Mb
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\CustomTempFonts

If it was created by GroupDocs, please tell me:

1. When (timing) was it created or update?
  2. May I delete it without problem in viewing converted html file?

Thanks

@huunamnguyen2713

Please share following details and we’ll look into this scenario:

• Which GroupDocs.Conversion API version you are using?
  • Sample conversion code

@atir.tahir
Thank for reply.

• GroupDocs.Conversion 23.1.0

• Sample code

string outputFolder = Path.Combine(outputRootFolder, outputBaseFolder);
      string outputFile = Path.Combine(outputFolder, Path.GetFileName(filePathBeforeConversion) + @".html");

GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter converter = null;
      // View file in original layout
      if (viewType == (int)ViewerType.View)
      {
          string extensionWithoutDot = Path.GetExtension(filePathBeforeConversion).ToLower().Substring(1);
          switch (extensionWithoutDot)
          {
              case "msg":
              case "eml":
                  converter = new Converter(filePathBeforeConversion, () => new EmailLoadOptions
                  {
                      Depth = 0
                  });
                  break;
              case "zip":
                  ExportViewHtmlDocumentForZipFile(filePathBeforeConversion, outputFile);
                  return EXIT_CODE_SUCCESS;
              default:
                  converter = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter(filePathBeforeConversion);
                  break;
          }
      }
      // View file in text only
      else
      {
          converter = new GroupDocs.Conversion.Converter(filePathBeforeConversion,
                                                                      () => new TxtLoadOptions
                                                                      {
                                                                          Encoding = string.IsNullOrEmpty(characterCode) ? Encoding.UTF8
                                                                                                                          : Encoding.GetEncoding(characterCode)

});
      }

if (converter != null)
      {
          converter.Convert(outputFile, new WebConvertOptions());
          converter.Dispose();
      }

@huunamnguyen2713

We are unable to use the provided code in its current state to replicate the problem due to missing dependencies. Could you kindly provide a complete console application that we can use to continue our investigation? Additionally, it would be highly appreciated if you could share a screencast or a brief video that explains the steps required to reproduce the issue.

@atir.tahir
I have attached the complete console application source.
Please compile and add license file “GroupDocs.Conversion.NET.lic” to “DLL\GroupDocs” folder path.
Then put some file into C:\Temp\input and run on console with the following sample command line.
ViewerHtmlExporter.exe “C:\Temp\input” “C:\Temp” “output” 0 “UTF-8”

ViewerHtmlExporter.zip (164.6 KB)

@atir.tahir
Does the following folder not exist in the verification environment of GroupDocs Conversions .NET product?
C:\Users[username]\AppData\Local\Temp\CustomTempFonts

@huunamnguyen2713
We don’t get a temporary folder with the Conversion API. However, we have opened the following new ticket(s) in our internal issue tracking system and will investigate the provided application & deliver their fixes according to the terms mentioned in Free Support Policies.

Issue ID(s): CONVERSIONNET-6307

You can obtain Paid Support Services if you need support on a priority basis, along with the direct access to our Paid Support management team.

@atir.tahir
Thank for opening new ticket.
I found that same problem fixed in Aspose.PDF for .NET 23.5.
https://forum.aspose.com/t/customtempfonts/250011/32
I hope GroupDocs fixes it soon too.

1 Like

@huunamnguyen2713

We are already investigating it and you’ll be notified in case of any update.

@atir.tahir
Thank for your investigating.
I have attached one of the multiple pdf files that can be reproduced here
CustomTempFonts folder has been created when converting a pdf file to html.
TempFonts may also be created.
After converting a 7Mb pdf file to html, there may be a temporary folder of about 1Gb remaining(We have reproduced).

Test_Creating_CustomTempFonts_Folder.pdf (6.9 KB)

image.png (18.0 KB)

@huunamnguyen2713

Thank you for providing these details. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter. We are investigating the issue you’ve described. Rest assured, we will thoroughly examine the attached PDF file and the folders you’ve mentioned to better understand and address the situation.
Thank you for your patience

@huunamnguyen2713

We tested this scenario and unfortunately cannot reproduce it.
Blank folders are created (CustomTempFonts and TempFonts), but no files exist.
The provided pdf “Test_Creating_CustomTempFonts_Folder.pdf” creates the temp folders but does not put any files in them.
Could you please share a screencast/short video, explaining the steps to reproduce the issue?

@atir.tahir
Please check attached image for evidence.
image.png (34.0 KB)
I have reproduced with Test_Creating_CustomTempFonts_Folder.pdf on Windows 10 Pro 22H2, Windows Server 2019 Datacenter.
Test_Creating_CustomTempFonts_Folder.pdf is simple test data.
I have tried with another data (7Mb for example), it create CustomTempFonts with hundreds of MB
What type of test environment there?

@huunamnguyen2713

We tested it on Windows 11 pro.

We’ll further investigate this issue and notify you about the outcomes.

@atir.tahir
How about the reproduction?
Can you send me the screenshot of running sample source code,
with above sample file ? like my attached image of evidence.
I can not understand why you could not reproduce this problem.
Now, we got CustomTempFonts folder increased 3Gb~4Gb every day.

1 Like

@huunamnguyen2713

Thank you for your patience as we investigate the issue. We will provide a essential details of the running sample source code soon. Your understanding is appreciated, and we will keep you updated on our progress.

@huunamnguyen2713

Using following code snippet,

// Define the source PDF file path
const string source = "Test_Creating_CustomTempFonts_Folder.pdf";

// Open the source PDF file using a FileStream
using (var fs = new FileStream(source, FileMode.Open))
{
    // Initialize a Converter using the FileStream as the source stream
    using (var converter = new Converter(() => fs))
    {
        // Create conversion options (e.g., HTML conversion options)
        var options = new WebConvertOptions();

// Perform the conversion and save the result as "converted.html"
        converter.Convert("converted.html", options);
    }
}

The CustomTempFonts and TempFonts folders are created, but they are empty. See these screenshots.zip (54.2 KB).

@atir.tahir
Thanks for confirmation and sample source script.
I tested with your source script but no change, The CustomTempFonts and TempFonts folders are created with file inside. Folder not empty.
I also changed Windows region to Rusia, language to English, but no change in result.

@huunamnguyen2713

Please spare us sometime to further investigate the scenario. We’ll let you know if any further details are required.

@atir.tahir
It was confirmed that a folder called Aspose_Imaging was created under the Temp folder same as CustomTempFonts, although the size was small.I don’t know yet whether the number will increase rapidly in the future.
I would like to check the following:

1. The Aspose_Imaging folder was created when converting which type of file?
    What is the purpose of Aspose_Imaging folder? Does the capacity increase rapidly like CustomTempFonts? (In previous day, there was a problem where the CustomTempFonts folder increased by 80Gb in one hour, and system in our production environment stopped working.)

2. Could you please let me know if there are any other folders related to GroupDocs and Aspose during file conversion other than the three folders listed below?
    CustomTempFonts
    TempFonts
    Aspose_Imaging

First of all, I don’t understand the purpose of creating such a large amount of temporary files, and even if I converted the same file again, the same amount of space increased.
And I was trying to delete these temporary files after calling the conversion process, but it’s not possible. The file conversion process here is called within IIS (because of loading time of GroupDocs licence file), so after conversion, we can not delete the temporary files created by GroupDocs and the folder size was increased rapidly :frowning: