Latest version fails comparing xlsx - DocumentFormat.OpenXml missing

I downloaded v. 2.2.1 two days ago and it doesn’t appear to compare xlsx files once it’s deployed to our server. As far as I can tell, it’s due to the fact that OpenXml SDK is not installed on our server, but is on my local machine (the same request works locally, but not when deployed).

Below is the exception message I’m seeing. I believe we could alleviate this by adding our own reference to this assembly in our project (or installing on the server), but we didn’t have to do so in the two previous versions (2.1.0 & 2.2.0), so I’m wondering if this was just an oversight on your part?

Operation ’ ’ failed: Could not load file or assembly ‘DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version=2.5.5631.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Could not load file or assembly ‘DocumentFormat.OpenXml, Version=2.5.5631.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35’ or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

Incidentally, version 2.2.0, using the same excel files, doesn’t work when running locally, it throws an error “Memory stream is not expandable”.

Hello,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. Yes, in the latest version of the GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET library we use DocumentFormat.OpenXml. To resolve the issue please put DocumentFormat.OpenXml.dll to the bin folder of the project on the server.