Long time to load the license in execution

Hi, when we want to load the license -> the time in exection is very long.
Just the call to:
GroupDocs.Watermark.License license = new GroupDocs.Watermark.License();

takes a lot of seconds (more than 15 seconds in a normal machine), In a machine with fewer resources, it can be more than 20 seconds. So, the first execution is very slow.
In our case GroupDocs.Watermak.dll is version 18.8.0.0

Regards,

Mikel

@MikelGB

We’d recommend to use latest version of GroupDocs.Watermark API. Let us know if issue persists.

Now, I have GroupDocs.Watermark.dll version 18.8.0.0. It is the one I need now to work properly.
Can you tell me if there is any way to reduce these delays?

Apart of this, can you tell me if this appeared previously as an isuue?

Regards,

@MikelGB

I am afraid but we didn’t have any such issue logged previously.

Hi,

When we create the object License(), we can see (with ProcMon tool), that it is trying to get a lot of dlls we don´t use (as Aspose.Word.dll, Aspose.Slides.dll, etc…) during a lot of seconds. We have just adquired GroupDocs.Watermak.dll. Is there a way when the object License() created to make it try to load only to the dll we require?

Regards

@MikelGB

Do you see this issue with 18.x version of the API? Could you please also share a screenshot?

We have the version 18.8.0.0. Just while we call to:
We can see with procmon how it tries to load all these dlls:
image.png (202.9 KB)

@MikelGB

We are investigating this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is WATERMARKNET-1449.

Hi,

We are being requested by several of our customers. They are having performance problems. Can you give us a date when this problem may be resolved?

Regards

@MikelGB

Please note that all free support tickets are assisted on first come first serve basis. Your ticket is still in progress. We’ll notify you in case of any update.

We have also downloaded the evaluation version 23.4. After adapting our code to the new version, we can see that it takes also more than 20 seconds the first time we execute the process to add a Dynamic WM to the PDF file. It is too long time.
If our process is not finished, the second time (when your dll was previously loaded), our execution is inmediate.
In procmon we can see the time it takes to load the dll.
Can you reduce the time you requiere for loading the GroupDocs.Watermark.dll?

@MikelGB

We’ll continue our investigation and notify you in case of any progress update.

@MikelGB

Please note that we made significant performance improvements in the GroupDocs.Watermark release 24.1 to decrease the time taken when adding a watermark. Therefore, please try to update your application to the latest version.
If you still observe the issue after updating, please provide us with more details, such as the operating system and .NET version. It would be helpful if you could also provide a sample of the application.
Additionally, please clarify whether you still experience performance issues with the license initialization or not:
as we don’t load any assemblies during this License initialization. They are loaded later during Watermarker class initialization. You are correct; during the first-time initialization of the Watermarker class, it takes more time compared to subsequent initializations during the application’s execution. However, that time difference is not significant. For example, in our HelloWorld test, Watermarker class initialization takes around 2-3 seconds.