Maven repository is blocked within Azure

Several months ago, my company evaluated GroupDocs’ Java Conversion API and we were able to successfully mirror the repository with our existing Nexus repository hosted within Azure.

Now that we have our license, I tried to get the artifacts again and we’re getting 403s from Cloud Front.

I can access the repo and artifacts from my device but if I try to CURL or mirror the repository from within Azure, it gets blocked. (Our CICD pipeline is also in Azure).

Here’s the response we’re getting:

ERROR: The request could not be satisfied

403 ERROR

The request could not be satisfied.

Request blocked. We can't connect to the server for this app or website at this time. There might be too much traffic or a configuration error. Try again later, or contact the app or website owner.
If you provide content to customers through CloudFront, you can find steps to troubleshoot and help prevent this error by reviewing the CloudFront documentation.

Generated by cloudfront (CloudFront)
Request ID: jD5LhHayJ47c-9fg0g4-IlcWTZZ8QcCdXZd51n4iTucDBjBZIseTzg==

The last time I tested the connectivity, it was on slightly different repository URL that no longer exists.

If I had to guess, I think GroupDocs migrated their repository to AWS behind cloud front and needs to tweak their configurations.

@jofish89

Could you please share your POM.xml file?

I’ll share the relevant parts:

<dependencies>
	<dependency>
		<groupId>com.groupdocs</groupId>
		<artifactId>groupdocs-conversion</artifactId>
		<version>23.2</version>
	</dependency>
</dependencies>

<repositories>
	<repository>
		<id>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</id>
		<name>GroupDocs Artifact Repository</name>
		<url>https://releases.groupdocs.com/java/repo/</url>
	</repository>
</repositories>

This works locally on my work laptop, but the same codebase fails to fetch the artifact from “https://releases.groupdocs.com/java/repo/” as it gets blocked by CloudFront.

1 Like

@jofish89

Thanks for the details. We are investigating this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONJAVA-1941.

1 Like

Thanks, any way I can monitor the ticket?

it is actively blocking our deployment.

@jofish89

This ticket is still under investigation. We’ll notify you in case of any update.