Microsoft document loading issue

Dear Team,

We are facing following issue on viewing Microsoft Word Document
-Word file header table top border is not visible(Added image"01_HeaderIssue.JPG" in the attachment)
-Content section alignment is breaking(Added image"02_Content.JPG" in the attachment)
-Bullet point section content Overlapping (Added image"03_Overlapping .JPG" in the attachment)
-Bullet point section content not fully visible which moved to right corner of the page (Added image"04_ContentMissing.JPG" in the attachment)

Added above mentioned images, Sample document and Code changes in the attachments
GroupDocsIssue.zip (163.7 KB)

Regards,
Anoop
GroupDocsIssue.zip (164 KB)

@anoop.raphel

Thank you for sharing the screenshots and sample file. We’ll take a look and update you.

Hello. I watched part of code that you send, and a quite not understood all your purposes, but found that you want to save result depending by file extension. I check rendering result and found that when render to image, I only have problem with missed line in right corner, all another problems not reproduced. When convert to html then have no problems. Can you share the whole test application? Your request registered in our system with id: VIEWERNET-4577

@anoop.raphel

We have completed the investigation and found that this is expected behavior.

The issue occurs because an image nested in a table cell overlaps cell border if rendered at lower zoom levels.
The issue occurs when Microsoft Word renders the problematic document to fixed-page formats, too.
For example, if the document is saved to PDF via MS Word, that’s how Adobe Acrobat displays it at the default zoom of 77.5% (fitting page height to screen). See
ms-word.pdf (131.6 KB)

The effect disappears at higher zoom levels, all borders become visible.
AW pdf output looks the same at 77.5%: see output.pdf (62.0 KB).

The current behavior matches Microsoft Word behavior and changing it may break other document layouts, so we closed without applying any changes.

A workaround may be the following: add some space between the problematic image and the shape border. This can be done by increasing cell margin, or paragraph space before, or other means.

Please let us know if you have any additional questions.