Migrating from 2 to 3.0

Hello,

We are using GroupDocs Viewer 2.19 currently and we are trying to upgrade viewer 3.0. But i have some questions.

In older version of viewer we can set many parameters like SupportTextSelection,ShowHeader,ShowDownload ext. but i cant see those parameters in 3.0. How can i set those parameters?

Kind regards,

Hello There,

Thank you for showing your interest in GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0.0

Please note that the new GroupDocs.Viewer is a UI-less API exposing only UI-less+back end document rendering APIs in which object oriented approach has been implemented in a very simplified way. Hence, now the generic output of the API has become very flexible to mold according to the front end requirements.

We also published examples and sample open source projects at github to get an easy ride. You can see there that how the front end/ jquery based properties has been binded with the back end GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0.0. plus you can also use your own logic to customize application according to your requirements. Please click here to visit our open sourced showcases(sample project)

Please visit the below link to have a look at the migration procedure

http://groupdocs.com/docs/display/viewernet/Migrating+to+GroupDocs.Viewer+3.0.0+or+Greater

Also,please find below some resources to quickly get started:

GroupDocs.Viewer Downloads: http://groupdocs.com/Community/files/8/.net-libraries/groupdocs_viewer_for_.net/category1002.aspx
GroupDocs.Viewer Docs: http://groupdocs.com/docs/display/viewernet
GroupDocs.Viewer Examples: https://github.com/groupdocsviewer/GroupDocs_Viewer_NET
GroupDocs.Viewer Videos: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgO8dwgI5KAsQCVegviVXYA/playlists

Have a nice day!

Hello,

Before posting this(my first message) post i checked all documentation but i couldn’t find how to use new viewer(javascript side). After you said check examples, i found them. But still i dont know all parameters. Where can i see all parameters of this;

$(’#viewerHtmlDiv’).groupdocsViewer({
filePath: ‘candy.pdf’,
zoomToFitWidth: true,
showFolderBrowser: true,
showHeader: true,
showPaging: true,
showThumbnails: true,
useHtmlThumbnails: true,
width: 650,
height: 900,
//watermarkPosition: ‘Diagonal’,
//watermarkText: ‘Watermark for pdf’,
useHtmlBasedEngine: true,

showDownload: true,
downloadPdfFile: true,

showPrint: true,
usePdfPrinting: true
});

Is there any documentation about javascript side that i missed?

Also a couple weeks ago, you said you are creating new version of annotation like viewer? Can you give a release date of it? Because i have to plan our annotation migration.

Hello There,

Thank you for your explanation,

Actually you can use most of the JS/Jquery parameter as you did in 2.19. Please have a look at possible parameters below.

$(function () {
$(’#viewerHtmlDiv’).groupdocsViewer({
filePath: ‘candy.pdf’,
zoomToFitWidth: true,
showFolderBrowser: true,
showHeader: true,
showPaging: true,
showThumbnails: true,
showZoom: true,
useHtmlThumbnails: true,
width: 650,
height: 900,
watermarkPosition: ‘Diagonal’,
watermarkText: ‘Attested’,
watermarkWidth: 7,
IsPrintable: true,
useHtmlBasedEngine: true,
showDownload: true,
downloadPdfFile: true,
showPrint: true,
usePdfPrinting: true
});
});

Happy Coding!

Hello again,

Thank you for your help. But there is some problems. Your sample project not running correctly. It gives js error. Could you please check it. Here is sample project link.

Also your answer does not contain all parameters. I need supportTextSelection parameters, i tried it and it works. I need a list of all parameters. Actually i need a documentation of your javascript library. You have a js library named “GroupdocsViewer.all.js” it doesnt come up from viewer download but you are using it in your examples. I dont know is it required or not. Am i have to figure it out by trying everything? Dont get me wrong, i just dont want to ask everything from here. I couldnt find documentation, if there is one it really helps me and gives me speed.

Also you didn’t answer my previous question “Also a couple weeks ago, you said you are creating new version of
annotation like viewer? Can you give a release date of it? Because i
have to plan our annotation migration.”. I think there is no apprx. release date, am i correct?

Hello There,

Thank you for you response.

Your given sample project is not generating any issue at our end. However, kindly make sure that you are writing the correct local server url with correct port against the $.ui.groupdocsViewer.prototype.applicationPath in the default.aspx. The line is being seemed like following in default.aspx.

We are making the list of applicable javascript parameters. Soon we would update our documentation and examples.

The Annotation is going to be released probably in next week or so. But it would not be delayed in months.

Thanks in advance

Hello,

Is there any progress on new documentation? Can you give me a deadline for it? Because i need to migrate our viewer asap.

Kind regards,

Hi Fkucuk,

We have updated the list of JS parameters for Asp.Net Web Form Front End . Please click here to visit.

Also we are releasing GroupDocs.Viewer Version 3.2.0 along with an ultimate open sourced front end having similar functionalities as in the previous versions. The version would be released approximately in the 2nd half of this month (Apil).

Please stay tuned!

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Kind Regards,

You are always welcome :slight_smile: