Modren UI doesn't render .docx example properly in HTML mode

Hello - I’ve cloned GitHub - groupdocs/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET: GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET examples, plugins and showcase projects: http://groupdocs.com/dot-net/document-viewer-library and built the Viewer-Modren UI project and viewed the calbre.docx file included as the demo - it shows OK in image mode, but not in HTML mode. For example, the tables on page 3 only show in Image mode.

Please can you see if it is working for you?

I am using our Enterprise licence file with OrderID 170818055905

Thanks,
Darryl

@dbaker1,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer. We have tested the Modern UI front end at our end and the DOCX files (including calibre.docx) are rendering without any issue in HTML mode (see screenshot). Please note that we have moved the Modern UI front-end applications to separate repositories. We recommend you to download the latest version of the applications from the following repositories.

Hi Usman,

The first URL you posted: GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-MVC-App - goes to GitHub - groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET-MVC-App: Outdated

This is the URL I cloned - as stated in the original post. I just cloned it again in case and I have built the Viewer-Modren-UI.sln solution with Visual Studio 2015.

Firstly I can see that the rest of the demo files are no longer in the solution.

Two demo files were deleted in commit 56b9136c2aefc9ae5fe63f931e95f1d26961ea1e by aamir.waseem@aspose.com on 15/03/2018 19:44

• Viewer-Modren-UI/App_Data/excelsample.xlsx
  • Viewer-Modren-UI/App_Data/Presentation.pptx

calibre.docx is still in source control, but is missing from the project file.

From source control, the solution does not build - there is an error:
D:\gd3\Viewer-Modren-UI\Viewer-Modren-UI.csproj(184,5): error : This project references NuGet package(s) that are missing on this computer. Enable NuGet Package Restore to download them. For more information, see Troubleshooting NuGet Package Restore in Visual Studio | Microsoft Learn. The missing file is D:\gd3\.nuget\NuGet.targets.

To make it build I removed the <Target Name=“EnsureNuGetPackageBuildImports” BeforeTargets=“PrepareForBuild”> section from the Viewer-Modren-UI/Viewer-Modren-UI.csproj project file.

I also changed the _licensePath from “D:\License\GroupDocs.Total.lic” to “D:\GroupDocs.Viewer.lic” as we have a viewer licence.

Having done a clean clone of the source and with the changes described above, the calibre.docx file is rendering correctly. Thanks for taking the time to check it on your end. I will proceed to check that other documents we previously had issues with now show correctly in this Modren UI example.

Regards,
Darryl

@dbaker1,

Thanks for your detailed response.

Its good to know that your issue is resolved now. We will surely fix the issue of NuGet references and update the application to work with Visual Studio 2015.

Sure, we’ll be looking forward to hearing from you in case of any issue.