Moving fields across multiple pages places them behind the document

Hi Guys

As the title says when I drag a field across multiple pages the field is dropped “behind” the document.

Screen capture of issue:

http://screencast.com/t/WpcihUZIp

I’m not sure if there is a manual function I can run on the dropping event to make sure it stays in front.

(groupdocs signature .NET v 1.9.0)

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Sam

For anyone experiencing this issue I’ve found a manual work around for now.

$(’#groupdocs-signature-prepare’).bind(“DOMNodeInserted”, function (event, value) {
if ($(event.target).is("#groupdocs-signature-prepare .signature_doc_field")) {
event.target.style.zIndex = 1; // moves to front

}
});

Could you confirm this as a fix and possibly include it in your next release.

Thanks
Sam

Hello Sam,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. Yes, we reproduced the issue and we glad to hear that you have found out the solution for it. Also there is one more solution for how to fix it: when the field is dropped “behind” the document simply switch this property and slide a little the field.

Thank you.

Hi Again

I’ve noticed that the issue seems to persist the end user tries to sign the document using the pre placed fields, even after the manual setting of zIndex.

When the end user opens the document to sign the field is behind the document. So I use the same manual process of setting the zIndex to 1.

When I click sign and the preview loads the actual signature is placed behind the document as well. Meaning you don’t see the signature on the signed document at all.

Do you have any checks in your code to ensure the signature is drawn infront of the document?

Hi

I have come to the conclusion that when I drag a signature across multiple pages say from

page 1 to page 4, the signature field is set to page 2.

It will only set to page 4 if I drag the field from page 1 to 2, then 2 to 3, then 3 to 4.

This means when we try and render the field, it think’s that it should be on page 2 and therefore appears in the correct location on page 4 but behind the element.

http://screencast.com/t/IBhwiQs5JNr

Hello,

Thank you for coming back. Yes, we have reproduced the issue and we created a bug ticket. Our product team will resolve it. When the fix will be ready we will notify you here.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for your help and acknowledgement.

Considering this is a fairly critical issue would you be able to give me a rough estimate on how long the fix will take to finish it’s life-cycle and be deployed?

Or perhaps an issue tracker?

Thanks again

Sam

Hello Sam,

Yes, we understand that this issue is very important for you. For us this is critical too. Unfortunately we can’t share the exact date of the release now but our product team will do all the best to resolve it ASAP. When we will have any news you will be notified.

Thank you for your patience