Multiple attachments with the same name

Hi Support,

I’ve spent a few days trying to work out how to do this and I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s not possible with the current GroupDocs viwer DLLs.

I have emails where several attachments (all different content) have the same file name - in this case “Scanned from a Xerox Multifunction Device.pdf”

I cannot see how to get to the attachment streams for each of these since ViewerHtmlHandler.GetDocumentInfo() returns a DocumentInfoContainer object whose Attachments property (a list of AttachmentBase objects) have multiple items with the same value for Name (but different Size values in this case).

I need to call handler.GetPages(attachment.Stream, attachment.Name, options) with the stream for each attachment - but the only way to get to the stream is with the handler.GetFile() overload that takes an AttachmentBase. It always returns the stream to the first attachment with that name.

Please advise how to get to the file data for the other attachments that share the same name?

Thanks,
Darryl.

Email with two attachments with the same name.zip (15.5 KB)

Here’s an example.

@dbaker1,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer and sharing your issue with us.

We are able to reproduce your reported issue at our end. The issue has been logged into our Issue Tracking System as VIEWERNET-1640 for further investigation. We shall keep you notified in case of any updates.

@dbaker1,

The issue you have found earlier (logged as VIEWERNET-1640) has been fixed in this release.