Multiple collaborating users comments for annotation display as Guest

When multiple users are collaborating on a document and entering comments, the group docs comments for annotation pane displays the users names as “Guest” instead of the individuals name.

This is happening on latest Annotation version (2.1.1) combined with latest Viewer and Compare.

See attached screenshot

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the request. We have created a Jira ticket for it and will investigate the issue. Then I will come back to you with the details.

Also will be useful if you share the code example of the widget and collaborator adding.

Thank you.

Hi Pavel,

The integration code has not changed since our first release. We only upgraded with the latest library releases. Also, please keep in mind that our application uses Annotation, Viewer, and Compare within our application. We have had several issues where the libraries works individually but not when it is combined together.

Anyways, I am attaching the screenshots on our actual integration code. I did not have enough time to upgrade the working demos with your latest releases.

Also, this is one of our critical features in addition to the highlight precision for Text Replace (http://groupdocs.com https://forum.aspose.com/t/4287)

I would greatly appreciate if we can have a fix on this Guest user issue soon.

Thanks.

Leo

Hi again,

Thank you for the code example. From your code I can see that you have missed to add cookie data for the user and then validate the user. Please try to add such code here:
var ticket = new FormsAuthenticationTicket(un, true, 1439200);
string encryptedTicket = FormsAuthentication.Encrypt(ticket);
var cookie = new HttpCookie(FormsAuthentication.FormsCookieName, encryptedTicket);
cookie.Expires = ticket.Expiration;

Response.Cookies.Add(cookie);
System.Web.Security.Membership.ValidateUser(un, null);

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

I added the code, deleted ASP.NET cache, deleted browser cache (even used incognito) but still displaying the Guest user.

Please see attached code changes.

Thanks Leo.

Hi Leo,

I have created a ticket for our Product team, they will check it and then I will notify you how to resolve it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.