Namespacing Documents

<span style=“font-size:11.0pt;font-family:“Calibri”,sans-serif;
mso-fareast-font-family:“Yu Gothic”;mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast;
mso-bidi-font-family:“Times New Roman”;mso-ansi-language:EN-US;mso-fareast-language:
JA;mso-bidi-language:AR-SA”>Is there a way to “namespace” annotated
documents? I notice that if the exact same document is uploaded by two users, GroupDocs will treat this as one document. In reality we want multiple users to be able to upload the same document and apply their own annotations.

Hello Evan,

Thank you for the request. Could you please provide more info about the use case, is the users will comment the same document or each user will comment his own document? Does all users should see annotations of each other?

Thank you.

Each user will be able to create his own annotations. Other users should be able to see these annotations, but not edit them.

Right now I am using one general GroupDocs account for all users in our application. Perhaps this is where I am going wrong. Would I need to register a GroupDocs account for every users?

Thanks

Hi again,

The simplest way is to upload the document once and add all users as a collaborators to it - then they all will be able to annotate it, see annotations of other users and will not be able to edit annotations made by other users.

Best regards.