.NET Annotation feature questions?

A couple questions regarding the latest release of the .net annotation module.

1. What are my options when storing annotations? SQL Server, Oracle, MySql, etc … ?
  2. Are there restful commands for interacting with other webapps that inerface with groupdocs? IE to find out how many annotations a document has, or how many different users have annotated it?

Also, if we have a one dev OEM license for the previously released .NET module, does this allow us to upgrade to the latest .NET release?

John H

@john.harrison,

Thanks for your inquiry.

Please note that GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET is a storage-agnostic API, it provides abstract interface that you can implement, and use for storing data in any storage (i.e. SQL Server, Oracle, MySql and so on). Please check this documentation for more details.

The GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET is a totally back-end API so, it doesn’t have any built-in restful commands.

Furthermore, Upgrade to newer version is available if your license is not expired before the release of that version.

Thank you for you reply!

Another question I have is: Does the annotation module work similarly to the viewer module in a sense that it will render all file types the viewer module can, however, it just cannot annotate all of those file types?

John

@john.harrison,

You are welcome.

Please note that GroupDocs.Annotation for .NET implements some features of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET within. Such as rendering of documents.

You can render/annotate documents that are supported by the annotation API.