.NET document parsing API is not working in Linux environment

Hi,

I’m trying GroupDocs.Parser. I think it’s great and it may be the libreary I need for my project. I have developped a project extracting data from pdfs and it works fine on a windows 10 computer. However, when I deploy the project to the cloud (it uses docker and host is a Debian OS) or try to debug on an Ubuntu 18.04 labtop I’m getting a null exception whenever I call Parser.GetTextAres method.

Is there any impediment about running GroupDocs.Parser on linux? Am I missing something?

Thanks

@galeni,

Please share following details and we’ll investigate it:

1. Which API variant you are using (.NET or Java)
  2. API version (e.g. 19.10, 20.1)
  3. Prepare and share a simple console applciation with us to reproduce issue
  4. Cloud server/environment details

Hi
I’m using GroupDocs.Parser on an asp.net core project
Api version is the latest one: 20.3.0
I’m deploying the app in Google Cloud Platform (Debian OS). However, I can reproduce the issue in an Ubuntu 18.04 workstation. I’ve downloaded Jetbrains Rider to debug the code. The solution works as expected in a windows 10 workstationConsoleApp1.zip (82.5 KB)

1 Like

@galeni,

Thanks for the details. We are now investigating this issue. Your investigation ticket ID is PARSERNET-1506. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.

hi
any progress on this?

1 Like

@galeni, @dpinart,

The code example you shared with us had some errors. We’ve fixed them here - ConsoleApp1.zip (23.4 KB).
In order to make GroupDocs.Parser for .Net work on Linux machine, following packages need to be installed:

• libgdiplus package
  • libc6-dev package
  • package with Microsoft compatible fonts: ttf-mscorefonts-installer. (e.g. sudo apt-get install ttf-mscorefonts-installer)

Hopefully, your issue will be fixed now.