Never showing cached file

I’m generating PDF files dynamically which contain vital information and it’s extremely important that I always show the newest version of this file. I keep getting cached versions of the file showing outdated information. How can I avoid this?

I’m already using, but it doesn’t seem to have any effect
globalConfiguration.Viewer.SetCache(false);

thank you!

@xyz999xyz7

We’re looking into this issue and update you as soon as we have any updates.

1 Like

@xyz999xyz7

We’ve discovered that globalConfiguration.Viewer.SetCache(false); is not working. Please check this commit which demonstrates how to show the newest version of the file. Let us know if it works as you’ve expected.

thanks, trying to implement, but I’d customize some things so that I can dynamically view a document through ?file=

I believe this is done through guidance from groupdocs, but I need to look through the support files here again. if there’s anything new along these lines I would greatly appreciate your continued help.

this looks interesting

@xyz999xyz7

There are two query string parameters that are supported it’s either ?file= or ?url=. Using ?file= query string parameter you can specify a relative path to a file in storage to open by default. Using ?url= query string parameter you can specify the URL for the file to download and open.