New version problems

1. In the previous version of the viewer there was an option to render only a few pages, so that the document was shown as fast as possible. Is there something similar with version 3.0?

2) Attached is a file we tried to render. Using html rendering most of the pages are messed up.

3)Is it possible to just display a pdf file without rendering it?

4)We are using the newfrontend demo, and the usecache is enabled, but each time we preview the same document, the rendering goes through all the pages.

Finally, can you provide us with code that does the following:
    a)print the currently displayed document
    b)download the currently displayed document

Thanks,
    Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for giving a try to the new GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0.0

Below is the inline response against your points.

1) In the previous version of the viewer there was an option to render only a few pages, so that the document was shown as fast as possible. Is there something similar with version 3.0?

[GroupDocs]: Yes version 3.0.0 has the ability to do so. Please look at below code snippet:

// Setup GroupDocs.Viewer config
ViewerConfig config = new ViewerConfig();
config.StoragePath = @“D:\storage”;

// Create Html handler
ViewerImageHandler ImageHandler = new ViewerImageHandler(config);
string guid = “word.doc”;
// in HTML handler case , please use HtmlOptions
ImageOptions options = new ImageOptions();
// Follwing property accepts generic list of integer
options.PageNumbersToConvert = Enumerable.Range(1, 3).ToList();

List pages = ImageHandler.GetPages(guid, options);

2) Attached is a file we tried to render. Using html rendering most of the pages are messed up.

[GroupDocs] The Html Representation can be disturbed due to the css effects over the elements. However for the sake of more accuracy and high quality results. Image Representation has been introduced in version 3.0.0.
Moreover, to extract the printable text from the image handler, please ahead like the following sample code:

//Instantiate PrintableHtmlOptions
PrintableHtmlOptions print_options=new PrintableHtmlOptions(guid);

//get PrintableHtmlContainer Image or Html Handler both have the same function GetPrintableHtml
PrintableHtmlContainer print_container = ImageHandler.GetPrintableHtml(print_options);
String HtmlContent = print_container.HtmlContent;

3)Is it possible to just display a pdf file without rendering it?

[GroupDocs]: Yes a document can be displayed as it is (original form). Kindly, visit here to see the details.

4)We are using the newfrontend demo, and the usecache is enabled, but each time we preview the same document, the rendering goes through all the pages.

[GroupDocs]: Currently Cache controlling has not been implemented in New Front End. To use cache feature, please make sure that you are not replacing the same file while uploading and follow the below steps.

1) Set the path of cache folder by setting the CachePath property of ViewerConfig.
config.CachePath = @“d:/cache”;

2) Set the UseCache property of ViewerConfig as true.

config.UseCache = true;

Finally, can you provide us with code that does the following:
a)print the currently displayed document
b)download the currently displayed document

[GroupDocs] Printing and downloading are not related to the Api. However you can move ahead like below code.
context.Response.ContentType = “Application/pdf”;
context.Response.AppendHeader(“Content-Disposition”, “attachment; filename=” + Filename);
context.Response.TransmitFile(FilePath);
context.Response.End();

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.

Warm Regards

1. This does render the desired range, but how do I render the remaining pages as the user scrolls through the document?

2) The html rendering was working fine in the previous version for the attached document. Image representation is a lot larger in size.

3) The code ends with: Utilities.SaveAsImage(DocumentName, container.Stream);
    Also, the documentation is wrong as the SaveAsImage function takes three arguments (filepath, imagename, stream).
    How do I return and display the stream back to the client?

4) This is the code for downloading the document. How do I print it?

Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your response.

Please let me know that how you are using the GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0.0?
Are you using our UI-Less Viewer 3.0.0 API in your own project?

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation

Warm Regards

I have downloaded your own samples and I am using the NewFrontEnd c# solution.

I am running my tests on that in order to decide whether to proceed with a purchase.

Hi Nicolas,

Thanks for your explanation,

Please note that the new GroupDocs.Viewer is a UI-less API exposing only UI-less+back end document rendering APIs in which object oriented approach has been implemented in a very simplified way.

So the new GroupDocs.Viewer 3.0.0 is providing a way to the users to develop their own type of front end. The API output can be mold/adjust according to their own front end needs.

Your points are also be noted. We will update our sample open source front end projects soon.

Thanks in advance.

Can we get an update on when you will be updating the samples?

Hi Nicolas,

We are making a sample ASP.NET Web form Front End, in which we are trying to demonstrate all the features as you listed in your earlier posts.

We have a plan to release the front end round about 10th of March.

Thanks for your understanding and cooperation

Best Regards

Hi,

Have you managed to update the front end yet? The code was not updated yet on Github.

Hello Nicolas,

Thank you for your response.

We have uploaded the project source at github.com. Kindly visit here.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

Thanks for the effort to update your samples.

We would prefer though simple, clean examples, instead of loading more than 10 different JavaScript libraries.
Without loading a pdf, there is an additional 1.3mb javascript and css overhead.
There is a single file of 13k lines of code that includes libraries like a flipbook, ZeroClipboard, knockout, reactiveextensions, etc. We cannot possibly navigate through this code and this is not helping us as there is no documentation.

Also, the sample still cannot render the pdf correctly so we had to revert in image rendering.

What we are looking for are simple functions (without having to resort in all these external frameworks) that will allow us to
  • View a document
  • Print it
  • Download it
  • Being able to register to the printing and downloading events and disable them if necessary.

Thanks,
Nicolas

Hi Nicolas,

Thank you for your response,

The sample is doing all the function which you enlisted as below.
  • View a document
  • Print it
  • Download it
  • Being able to register to the printing and downloading events and disable them if necessary.
Also, I would like to request you to provide us the problematic PDF file.

Thanks in advance

Please read my message again. A 13 thousand lines javascript is not helpful. We are asking for simple functionality. Not flipbooks.

Also the pdf is already attached on the first post.
Also, the sample candy.pdf that is included in your sample is not rendering correctly.

Hello Nicolas,

I am going to share the output after rendering your file as HTML. Please download the zip and observe that how accurately the html has been written by the API. The HTML files are generated using the examples which have been published at github.com. The Examples are the simplest solution to know how our API is working. If you have any issue regarding to the example project, then please let us know.

The front-ends might have some issues due to the CSS effects. So user can make changes by using his sense. Actually our main product which we are selling is UI-Less API. Front-ends/sample projects are published as open sourced. Just to give an idea to the users that how many different ways the API can be implemented.

I hope you can understand my point.

Thanks in Advance