NoClassDefFoundError exception when loading power point file on Linux

Hi, I’m getting this exception when trying to view power point file with viewer library in a Linux deploy.

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.b.c.d.H
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.e.d.v.do(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.e.d.v.aI(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.e.d.s.aI(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.JY.aI(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.JQ.(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.JQ.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.Ae.ag(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.Ae.dMX(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.zI.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.zI.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.zI.do(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.zI.(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.kJ.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.kJ.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.kJ.b(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.v.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.bX.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.ki.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.ki.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.tP.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.tP.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.jB.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.jB.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.internal.c.a.s.jB.save(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.c.i.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.a.u(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.c.e.aO(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.converter.a.aQ(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerHandler.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerHandler.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.a(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]
at com.groupdocs.viewer.handler.ViewerImageHandler.getPages(Unknown Source) ~[com.groupdocs.groupdocs-viewer-3.2.2.jar:na]

This happens on Linux, if I try the same in my dev computer with windows it works fine. The project with relevant code to reproduce issue is in here. It’s a Play Framework project, just need to run: “./activator run” on console, or follow instructions here. This will work on windows but not Linux.

I also created a docker image with required environment to reproduce issue, you can download it here. Follow these steps to reproduce issue with image:
- docker load -i path/to/ppissue.tar
- docker run -p 80:80 -p 443:443 --name ppissuebase -i -t ppissuebase
- In container shell: /usr/share/groupdocsppissue/bin/groupdocsppissue
- access from browser http://{docker_host_ip}/viewer/document-viewer
- last step should trigger exception on console

I really appreciate any help, with this issue we have problems displaying both excel and power point formats, which are very common and we really need to support in our app, that was the main reason why we bought Groupdocs product.

Thanks.

Hi Fdariasm,

Thanks for taking interest in GroupDocs.Viewer for Java 3.x and sharing your experience with us.
We shall investigate your issue, especially the projects you shared and let you know about the outcomes.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Thanks

Hi There,

We are investigating your issue and we would like you to answer few questions.
  1. Do you face same exception (exception you shared earlier) for all Power Point slides or for a specific slide ?
  2. What issue/error or exception you are facing while rendering Excel Spreadsheets, because when we try to reproduce this issue with an Excel Spreadsheet, we don’t get the exception you shared.
We shall appreciate your response.

Many Thanks

Hi, thanks for answering.

- Yes, with all power point documents, you can see the sample is pretty simple one.
- The issue with excel documents is reported here.

Thank you.

Hi Fdariasm,

Thanks for the prompt reply.
Yes, with all power point documents
We are able to reproduce this issue at our end as well. Fortunately, this issue is fixed in the upcoming release of the API. And the upcoming release is expected by the end of this month and you will be able to download that from here.
As far as Excel Spreadsheet issue is concerned, you will be updated on the corresponding thread.

Kind Regards

Ok, that’s great. Thank you very much. I’ll be looking forward to it.

Hi Fdariasm,

Your’e welcome.