NullReferenceException DOCX to PDF

Hi,

I am attempting to convert a Word Document to a PDF but am getting a NullReferenceException from Aspose.Email, whilst using GroupDocs.Conversion. I have tried following the examples provided in the documentation as well as some use cases that are more suited to the application I am developing (using MemoryStreams for input and output files). I have also tried downgrading GroupDocs to previous versions, with no luck. Interestingly if I ignore the exception in Visual Studio and proceed the conversion has indeed taken place. I am also unable to catch the exception in a try/catch block.

GroupDocs.Conversion Version: 23.8.0 (.NET Framework and .NET 7)

Code extract can be found here: PDF Conversion (github.com)

1 Like

@noahki

Please tell us which version of Aspose.Email you’re using. After that, we’ll look into this situation more closely.
It’d be great if you can share a simple console application using that issue could be reproduced.

Interestingly we are not using Aspose.Email… The only NuGet package I have installed is GroupDocs.Conversion version 23.8.0.

@noahki

Could you please share the problematic/source Word file as well? It’d be great if you can share a console application and full error stack trace.

I am unable to share the word file as it is confidential, but this is happening on all Word files, even blank ones. I am unable to upload the Console app for some reason, but the code is exactly what is found in the link I originally sent. I have tried the code on a colleages machine and they are having no issues (same GroupDocs Version etc.). This issue started after our trial license expired. I have tried not setting a license, and tried with a new trial license to the same effect.

1 Like

@noahki

Our doubt lies in this being more of a system-specific issue. This is precisely why we requested the console application. If you could kindly upload the application to a cloud storage platform like Google Drive and share the link here. Please share a short video/screencast of the issue as well. Additionally, we haven’t been able to reproduce this issue on our end using the license.

Are you suggesting that everything was functioning correctly before the trial license expired, and the exception started occurring after it expired? Additionally, even after requesting a new trial license, the issue continues?