Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

Only 2 documents storage needed with ability for users to print

I have searched for sometime for a product that will allow any users to ONLY VIEW and PRINT pdf or MS word files. Viewing is eassy but none of the competition (Google Docs. Crocodocs, etc) provide an easy print facility, without having to either redirect or download the file.

You’re service is ideal but expensive as I only need to store to user guide documents so wanted to ask if you could offer a cheaper service that meets my requirements?

Hi Gordon,

I can see what we can do. As you may know we are significantly cheaper than Crocodoc already. Can you explain a bit more about how you will use GroupDocs… i.e.

1. How will users access it via an embedded Viewer on your Website via one of our Plugins (like Wordpress, etc.), or will you be using our API?

2. How many users do you expect to view documents and how many views per month do you estimate you will get?

I’ll then come back with a custom price.

Best Regards,

Billy Lundie

Product Management

Groupdocs.Com

http://www.groupdocs.com

Hi Lundie,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Please remember that my intention is merely to use the service to upload 2 documents for viewing purposes.

I am starting a service that allows anyone who owns an RV to hire this out to other people, either as a fully fledged business or merely as a means to generate income when it's not in use - normally the other 90% of the year.

As I currently work for one of the main Australian Automobile Clubs in Australia my plan is to obtain the backing and endorsement of all the state and the national automobile club. The user documents relate to a user guide for those that want to list their RV, and the other one for those that want to hire an RV, and that is it just 2 documents. At this moment in time I would not like to guess how many visits these two document will receive.

The system is hosted using Joomla (2.5) and as I said previously the important thing is that apart from the users being able to easily navigate through the document they also need the ability to print natively and locally from within the browser.

Let me know of you need any more information.

Kind regards
Dave

Hi Lundie,
This may be a show stopper but I'm trying to work out how to get the Printer icon in the document viewer
shown here; http://groupdocs.com/docs/download/attachments/591197/print+icon.png?version=1&modificationDate=1337250842000

I am using the Joomla plugin and have setup my client ID and Private key and noticed that when you embed it does not provide a print facility. So as an alternative I used the Embed code with the print selection added but this also does not display the icon. Code entered was;

Regards
Dave

Hi Lundie,

Thank you for your prompt reply. Please remember that my intention is merely to use the service to upload 2 documents for viewing purposes.

I am starting a service that allows anyone who owns an RV to hire this out to other people, either as a fully fledged business or merely as a means to generate income when it's not in use - normally the other 90% of the year.

As I currently work for one of the main Australian Automobile Clubs in Australia my plan is to obtain the backing and endorsement of all the state and the national automobile club. The user documents relate to a user guide for those that want to list their RV, and the other one for those that want to hire an RV, and that is it just 2 documents. At this moment in time I would not like to guess how many visits these two document will receive.

The system is hosted using Joomla (2.5) and as I said previously the important thing is that apart from the users being able to easily navigate through the document they also need the ability to print natively and locally from within the browser.

Let me know of you need any more information.

Kind regards
Dave

Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2013 9:20 AM
To: Dave Gordon
Subject: [Vipin Thomas, GroupDocs Support] Re: Only 2 documents storage needed with ability for users to print

Hi Dave,

I expect the 1 user Group Plan would be good for you since it allow multiple views per document – in your case probably up to 5,000 views per month. This is plan is $19 per month (or $17.10 if you wish to pay annually, let me know if you wish to sign up for 1 year as we don’t have the option in the self-service area yet.)

I’m just going to chase the team about the Print Icon not showing in the Joomla plugin which may be an error on our part but we can fix it quite easily so don’t worry.

Best Regards,

Billy.

Hi Dave,

Thank you very much for your interest in GroupDocs and for your time.

The Printer icon is there, in the toobox, please see your embedded file and toolbox with Printer icon - http://screencast.com/t/bqz3ntMQ

About Joomla plugin - yes, in the current version of the plugin we have no such option, but it will be added soon. Please notify us if you need this function asap and we will be able to implement it in a few days.

With best regards,
Vipin Thomas, GroupDocs Support Team.
http://www.groupdocs.com

Hi there,

Many thanks for this but in the first few months as I’ll be focusing on the hirer to populate the database I don’t expect more than 500 (1/10th) views per month and as said before I’ll only be using 2 documents, which is 1/50th of the maximum. Is there any way these limited numbers can be reflected in the price or can you suggest another means of getting the display and print functionality on hosted by myself.

Kind regards

Dave

Because I’m only intending on using 2 documents is there a way I can utilise one of your partners (e.g. LinkedIn, Yammer, etc.) features and embed this within my own website?

Regards

Dave

Hi there,

Many thanks for this but in the first few months as I’ll be focusing on the hirer to populate the database I don’t expect more than 500 (1/10th) views per month and as said before I’ll only be using 2 documents, which is 1/50th of the maximum. Is there any way these limited numbers can be reflected in the price or can you suggest another means of getting the display and print functionality on hosted by myself.

Kind regards

Dave

From: Vipin Thomas, GroupDocs Support [notifications-support@groupdocs.zendesk.com]
Sent: Thursday, 28 February 2013 11:54 PM
To: Dave Gordon
Subject: [Vipin Thomas, GroupDocs Support] Re: Only 2 documents storage needed with ability for users to print

Hi David,

Unfortunately there is a minimum cost we need to have since every customer has a cost in terms of support and bandwidth etc. To put it in perspective one of our competitors has a minimum charge of $500 per month, so we are the most cost effective option by some margin.

The best value we could offer is our $10 plan which may do you if you keep below 500 views…. But I would warn that we will shortly discontinue that plan so if you want it you would have to sign up in the next 5-10 days.

Best Regards,

Billy.