Opening Large documents issue

Hello,

I’m using groupdocs.viewer 16.10.0 version. I have an issue when i want to open big document, browser crashs because of out ot memory exception(not our project, browser crashs). I have a thougth why this is happening. My viewer configuration always sets PreloadPagesCount option to 1. But if in viewer configuration ShowSearch,ShowPaging and SupportTextSelection are set to true, it crashs. If i set them to false, Browser doesnt crahs.

I think it crashes because of search. Beacuse when i want to search it should search unloaded pages too, thats why it processes the all pages.

Our customer sent us a big file about 31MB and 575 pages, but i cant sent it to you. But i create a document it 21 MB and 6000 pages. Both files gives same result. I’m sending it to you.

Can you please check this issue? Or what can i do about it?

You can download my document from this,
http://share.bimser.com.tr/index.php/s/bvmoKuqtbm4izZw

Hi fkucuk,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

We would require some additional information in order to investigate the issue. If you are using any of the showcase applications then please provide us its name. Furthermore, we would like you to tell us the browser details (name and version) as well. We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

Hello,

Unfortunately i’m not using showcase application. I create an application from scratch that suits our needs. But i made it based on your mvc showcase application. And our company rules not allowed me to send project to you.

I’m using chrome 55.0.2883.87 m version.

Kind regards,

Hi Fkucuk,

Thanks for providing the required information.

We have been able to reproduce the said behavior using supportTextSelection: true and therefore, we have logged this issue in GitHub issues. Please spare us some more time to properly analyze the case. You can also keep track of this issue on https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/102. In case of any further updates, we’ll keep you informed.

Warm Regards

Hello again,

Thank you for your all helps. I’m waiting updates from you.

Kind regards,

Hi Fkucuk,

Sure, as soon as we get the updates, we will inform you.

Have a nice weekend ahead.

Warm Regards

Hello,

Is there any news about this issue?

Kind regards,

Hi fkucuk,

The issue is still under investigation. As soon as we have progress updates, we’ll share that with you. We appreciate your patience and cooperation in this regards.

Have a nice day.
Warm Regards

Hello,

Thanks for the heads up, i’m waiting then.

Kind regards,

Hi Fkucuk,

Thanks for your cooperation and patience in this regards.

Warm Regards