Optionally remove a column from a Word table using .NET

Is there any template syntax that can be used to optionally remove a column from a Word table? I know I can do it by have different row definitions, but I’m curious if it can be done in a more elegant way. I have 3 columns that all need to be shown optionally, which means I’ll have to have 7 different row definitions to account for all the combinations.

1 Like

@dsmeltz,

We’re investigating this use-case. Your investigation ticket ID is ASSEMBLYNET-156. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.

@dsmeltz,

We have an update on ASSEMBLYNET-156. Currently, the only way to achieve this requirement is to remove column manually. We’re investigating the possibility to achieve this using API. But we cannot share any ETA.

Just checking if this is still under investigation. This would be a fantastic feature for me, as I now have 8 different table layouts to manage, because I can not conditionally hide columns. To add some more requirements, it would also be interesting to have the ability to dynamically change the visible column properties. This way you could resize and format columns based on the columns being shown.

@dsmeltz

This issue is still under investigation. Unfortunately, due to complexity of the feature, we couldn’t share any ETA at the moment.