Free Support Forum - groupdocs.com

'OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space' while zooming PDF file

I’m using GroupDocs.Annotations as a simple viewer disabling the annotations. My environment is Java 7 (1.7.0_71) and JBoss AS 7.1.0.

I’m trying to open the PDF attached to this message using the viewer. When I zoom the document to 600% the server craches, throwing java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space. I have 6GB of RAM. This kind of problem should not occur.

What do I have to do to GroupDocs.Annotations use less memory? How to avoid this kind of problem? What is the recommended configuration to use GroupDocs.Annotaions without worring about memory problems?

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Yes, we have managed to reproduce the same issue at our side. But the issue not depends from our library , this occurs when your Java VM has not enough virtual memory to manage operations. So we recommend you to increase it with such option as JAVA_OPTS -Xms1024m -Xmx1024m or more and this should resolve the issue.

If you will have more questions please feel free to contact us .

-----------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Hi.

It’s just that? Just configure the initial and maximum memory allocation for JVM? Well, the problem occurred with a file of 57KB! It’s not acceptable that a simple file of this size cause such big memory consumption. Is there another configurations or adjustments I can do to avoid this kind of problem? I don’t want to always have a big server (with much memory) to let me use GroupDocs.Annotations. Doesn’t make sense.

Hello again,

We are sorry , but at the moment our GroupDocs.Annotation doesn't have any configurations for avoidance this error. We have informed our Product team about your request and we created a ticket in our system (ANNOTATIONJAVA-885). We understand that this issue is important to you and we'll let you know as soon as we make some progress or resolve the issue completely.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

-------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+