Parse a large file programmatically using Java

Hi, im using Groupdocs.Parser to parse large file around > 300MB in version 18.12 (in latest version it cannot parse the whole content, just a part of file content)
With the large file PDF 500MB with thousand of pages, my app keep running and cant get the result text. Comparing with FREE tika-parser, it can parse it successfully and run faster than Groupdocs.Parser in many cases.
I’m very concerning about it because im considering buying Groupdocs.Parser license for my app to parse.

1 Like

@shockvip1331,

Are you evaluating the API in trial mode (without applying license/temporary license)? If yes, please request a temporary license here. Please follow this Wizard.zip (152.9 KB) in order to get temporary license successfully. Please let us know if it resolves your issue. Secondly, are you working with Java or .NET API variants?

Im using trial license and JAVA but im affard about its performance and also does the parse file work successfully on large file >300mb and thousands of pages ??? (test many times: its fail @@ or keep running)

1 Like

@shockvip1331,

Please share following details and we’ll investigate this issue:

• Sample/problematic file
  • A simple console application to reproduce the issue

You guys can’t just change my header title all the time @@. (You already change 1 time in my previous post a month ago you can check that and then no fix update @@).
I just use simple start application.
You find any large file >200MB and pages >6000

@shockvip1331,

We apologize for this as we have to make appropriate changes in title when necessary.

In order to investigate exact issue at our end, we need sample console application or code along-with the specific file (size > 300MB and pages > 600). If you cannot upload file here due to size issue, please upload it to some cloud storage (e.g. Google Drive, Dropbox) and share link here. If you are using our example project, please specify the method you are executing.

File sample with > 100 MB and 7k page. The program keep running forever and there is no way to make it stop except turned off the program ???
Also, if there some file type like: ods,… get the same problem ???
Please fix the annoyed problem.

@shockvip1331,

You forgot to specify sample code. Please share that and we’ll further investigate this scenario.

i am just using sample code

Parser parser = new Parser(“sample”);
TextReader reader = parser.getText();
String text = reader.readToEnd();

1 Like

@shockvip1331,

Thanks for the details. We’ve logged this scenario in our internal issue tracking system with ID PARSERJAVA-131. Now, it’ll be further investigated. As there’s any update, you’ll be notified.