PDF Compare Images Differences in .NET

Hi,

I have two pdfs that only differ in the images that are shown on page 2 of the 28 page document. When I use the pdf compare functionality I receive an annotation at the top right of the page that indicates it was modified, but nothing else. I’ve attached these files for your review.

Here are the settings I am currently using:

ShowDeletedContent = true;
MovedContentDetection = true;
StyleChangeDetection = true;
Is there a setting I can use to give better feedback, or is the PDF comparison engine limited to showing text base changes?

Hi ,

Thank you for giving a try to GroupDocs.Comparison API.

From your query we are not sure about GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET API version you are using? Kindly provide us some more details so we can share relevant information.

• GroupDocs.Comparison API Version ?
  • Are you using our example code hosted on GitHub ?
  • Are you using any license file ?

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hi,

I’m using GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET version 3.4.0

My code was derived from the example code on Github.

I’m using a temporary license file that was generated yesterday (2016-SEP-14).

Hi ,

Thank you for sharing details.

We have successfully reproduced this scenario at our end, i am creating ticket on our issue tracking system. Once we will get response from product team on your query we will notify you here.

Thank you for your patience.

Warm regards,

muhammad.rizwan:
Hi ,

Thank you for sharing details.

We have successfully reproduced this scenario at our end, i am creating ticket on our issue tracking system. Once we will get response from product team on your query we will notify you here.

Warm regards,

Muhammad,

Has there been any update on this issue?

Hi ,

Your raised issue is under process and currently unresolved. once its done we will notify you immediately.

Warm Regards,

Muhammad,

Thank you for the prompt reply. Unfortunately forum users do not have access to via that Jira issue. Do you folks have a timetable for release of a fix for the issue bkessel has identified?

Hi ,

Yes forum users do not have access to Jira issues, that is why we always try to update our valuable clients regarding their logged issue. Product team is also busy in other priority fixes and release processes therefore it take sometime to fix the issue after priority work. As per support policy we cannot share fix dates.Once its done by product team we will immediately update you.

Warm Regards,

Could someone answer one of the questions from this post?

“is the PDF comparison engine limited to showing text base changes?”

@sung.bae

Yes, it doesn’t compare images in PDF.