PDF Comparison in GroupDocs.Comparison.Examples.CSharp

I am attempting to evaluate the PDF comparison feature of GroupDocs.Comparison. I have downloaded the sample solutions (GroupDocs.Comparison.Examples.CSharp) and have uncommented the PDF comparison examples. When it runs, no comparison files are generated and no error is thrown. It appears that the stream returned by the comparison is empty. I have been able to run the Word and text examples in the sample solution without issue. Please advise how to correct the sample to get the PDF comparisons to work.

Hi,

Thank you for giving a try to GroupDocs.Comparison API.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. Kindly note that you can run Pdf Comparison Example by Uncommenting the following code in the program.cs file.

// *** Pdf Comparision Examples ***

// set source and target files to compare
Common.sourceFile = “source.pdf”;
Common.targetFile = “target.pdf”;

// Compare two Pdf from streams with saving results into a file
Common.resultFile = “result-ComparePdfFromStreamToFile.pdf”;
PdfDcumentsComparision.ComparePdfFromStreamToFile();

Kindly note that there are some trial limitations also applicable on Pdf comparison for more details about trial limitations please click here.You can also get temporary license to remove trial limitations and enable all Comparison features, please click here to apply for temporary license .

Warm Regards,

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I was able to get the PDF Comparison working after requesting a temporary license.

A few other questions:

1. Is PDF the only results format that is available when comparing PDFs? Is it possible to output the results of comparing two PDF files to a Word document instead?
2. Is there any way to turn off the annotations / comments that are added to the PDF result document?

Thank you.

Hi ,

We are glad to hear that you are able to run the PDF comparison example.

1. Is PDF the only results format that is available when comparing
PDFs? Is it possible to output the results of comparing two PDF files
to a Word document instead?

Ans: yes in case of PDF Comparison, PDFs is the only format available . similarly for other formats comparison its same format is only available as output result file. If you want to convert output file into any other format kindly use our another great product GroupDocs.Conversion, Please click here for more details.

2. Is there any way to turn off the annotations / comments that are added to the PDF result document?

Ans: We are sorry, currently we don’t have this option in GroupDocs.Comparison API but you can use our another exciting product GroupDocs.Annotation for annotation and comments. Please click here for more details.

OR
if you want all these Document Manipulation APIs in one license then you can get GroupDocs.Total for .Net, please click here for more details.

Warm Regards,

Hello,

Thank you again for your reply.

I am evaluating the Compare tool to see if it will work for our purposes; however, I am only able to get the Compare to work for 2 of 8 test files I am using. For the other 6, the tool hangs in the Compare method. It does not return and no error is thrown. I have attached a sample project that demonstrates this. You will need to copy a license file named GroupDocs.Comparison.lic into the PDFDiff project folder. The tool is set to run by default for the 10bb74b0-92b4-4e53-8acd-8e5f0e765cc6 PDF examples, which demonstrates the hang. If you use the 90bf90a3-559b-4925-ad5a-22c08b776dd2 files instead (the commented out lines), the tool succeeds.

Please let me know how to correct this issue.

Thanks,

Rachel

Hi Rachel,

Thank you for the Details you shared with us.

We are sorry to hear that you are facing such issue. We have successfully reproduced this issue at our end and we have created a ticket on our issue tracking system. We’ll further investigate this issue. Once we have any update, we will notify you here.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hello,

Thank you very much for forwarding the issue to your product team. Do you know when we can expect an update on this issue? We are evaluating the tool for use for our project, and we need to know if we need to start investigating other options.

Thank you!

Hi Rachel,

We’re working on this issue along with other fixes and feature enhancements for GroupDocs.Comparison. Hopefully your raised issue will be resolved in upcoming releases or when its done we will notify you here. Sorry as per support policy we cannot give you exact date but we hope next release is coming in the end of this month or first week of next month.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Warm Regards,

Hello

I am using a temporary lisence for 30 days, the comparison for pdf is working fine, but i am facing some problems with the comments inside the pdf, it is only working with simple cases even though I am using more than 3 pages. but if the pdf file is complicated, it is not displaying the comments.
It seems that the temporary license does not support to use all the features.
Serial Number : 97f6709a-9a84-4a6d-8b20-c450ba07dbcd

Thank you

@ayman.shaaban,

A temporary license is a kind of full license but for restricted period of time. You can avail full API features using a temporary license. However, we shall investigate your issue and let you know about the outcomes.
Please share following details with us:

• Which version of the API you are evaluating?
  • Problematic documents

11.pdf (170.8 KB)
22.pdf (210.9 KB)
333.pdf (412.6 KB)

@atirtahir3

Hello,

I’m using API version 17.11
This is the function that i am using for comparison “CommonComparision.CompareDcumentsFromPathToOutputFile();”

The result of comparing 11.pdf and 22.pdf is 333.pdf, If the function that i am using is not for pdf, can you give me some suggestions or some functions for comparing pdf.

Thank you,

@ayman.shaaban,

Thanks for sharing the problematic files. We reproduced this issue at our end as well. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID:COMPARISONNET-1470. As we have any update/solution, we shall notify you. Your patience shall be appreciated in this regard.

1 Like