PDF file displayed incorrectly, with letters changed and lines shifted

errorView02.jpg (136.8 KB)

errorView01.jpg (146.0 KB)

HNM2023000003797.pdf (73.4 KB)

AAA2023001744577.pdf (76.5 KB)

Hi,
When we try to view these documents on viewer tool, we’ve seen some problems on line and letters.
Could you please help us to fix the viewer problem ?

@caglaraydogan

Thank you for attaching the source files and screenshots. This is likely a font-related issue.
Unfortunately, I have failed to reproduce this issue locally on Windows and in Docker with this sample-app.zip (156.2 KB).

Please check if there are any errors in the developer console when you try to open these files. Which GroupDocs.Viewer.UI* package versions you’re using?

These versions are used in the project:

<PackageReference Include="GroupDocs.Viewer.UI" Version="6.0.13" />
  <PackageReference Include="GroupDocs.Viewer.UI.Core" Version="6.0.4" />
  <PackageReference Include="GroupDocs.Viewer.UI.Api.Local.Cache" Version="6.0.0" />
  <PackageReference Include="GroupDocs.Viewer.UI.SelfHost.Api" Version="6.0.13" />

and I didnt see any error.

Also when I tried to open these documents on your viewer live demo environment, I couldn’t see any problem on document.
correntView.jpg (225.6 KB)

@caglaraydogan

Can you please share the output HTML files from your cache so, we can take a look?
I have also tried to reproduce the issue with the packages you’re using but it still works well on my side.

Can you try reproducing the issue with the app from my previous comment?

here is the HTML resources, you can find the output here :

viewerHTMLs.zip (174.1 KB)

@caglaraydogan

The font text is Arial and as a result, the text is incorrectly rendered. It can happen when ExcludeFonts is set to true

config.ConfigureHtmlViewOptions(viewOptions => {
     viewOptions.ExcludeFonts = true;
 });

If it is so in your case, you can set ExcludeFonts to false. In case you do not have ExcludeFonts setting, please share the sample app with the settings you have so we can reproduce this issue on our side.

When I apply the config that you mention above,
(I mean, made it like this :
config.ConfigureHtmlViewOptions(viewOptions => {
viewOptions.ExcludeFonts = false;
});
)
it fixed the letter issue but line problems seen still exist. In addition font is not like orijinal document because of config.
Here is the view after applying the config:
afterConfig02.png (114.4 KB)

afterConfig01.png (94.5 KB)

and also here is the sample project:

src.zip (348.2 KB)

Hello Çağlar,

We also have spotted the issue with shifted text lines and shifted table cell borders while viewing the PDFs. We’ve logged this issue with ID #VIEWERNET- 4540. As soon as we have any updates we’ll let you know.

Thanks.