Pdf Page Rotation

I'm trying to test pdf page rotation, using Viewer.ClientCode()..SupportPageRotation(true)
I get javascript error on both ie and chrome.

could not find file ...\temp\processing\[datetime folder]\desc_htmlengine.js

Thanks,
Raj

Hello Raj,

We are sorry to hear that you have such issue. To reproduce the issue we will need additional information about your project. Please share with us next:

1. Type of the project (MVC, WebForms etc.)
2. Which server do you use (Cassini, IIS Express etc.)
3. Framework version
4. Example of the code from the Global.asax which sets Viewer properties such as root storage path. For example you should have such code block .
5. Code example of the Viewer widget (code from web page)

Please come back with all these information and we will be glad to help you.

1.Type of the project (MVC, WebForms etc.)
WebForms
2. Which server do you use (Cassini, IIS Express etc.)
Visual Studio 2013 - IIS Express
3. Framework version - 4.0
4. Example of the code from the Global.asax which sets Viewer properties such as root storage path. For example you should have such code block .
I'm using webforms viewer sample from GroupDocs.Viewer_2.4.0_Samples.msi
I have attached screen shot of the error.

5. Code example of the Viewer widget (code from web page)
void Application_Start(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
Viewer.SetRootStoragePath(Server.MapPath("~/testfiles/"));
Viewer.EnableFileListRequestHandling(true);
}

<%= Viewer.ClientCode()
.TargetElementSelector("#test")
.FilePath("candy.pdf")
.ZoomToFitWidth()
.SupportPageRotation(true)
%>

Hello Raj,

Thanks for the detailed info.

1. You’ve said that you are using the “GroupDocs.Viewer_2.4.0_Samples.msi” demo package. This package contains the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET ver 2.4.0, which is obsolete. The last version of the GroupDocs.Viewer is 2.5.0. Maybe the issue you have is already fixed in the new version, so it would be very useful to download the newest version. You can download it while downloading the new version of the “GroupDocs.Viewer C# Demos”. Alternatively, you can download the pure library and update the reference in your project.

2. You’ve installed the package with the sample project to the “C:\Program Files (x86)</em>…” folder. This is a system folder, and it requires additional permissions from the web-server. GroupDocs.Viewer requires full control over the root storage folder, so this may be a reason of the issue too. Please move the “GroupDocsViewerWebformsDemo” folder, which contains a project with the same name, to the some another location. Then open the project with MS Visual Studio 2013, which was launched with administrator rights, and try out to debug the project one more time.

If these suggestions will not help, please come back to us, and we will continue to find a solution.

Thanks and sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks for the information. Using the latest dll 2.5.0 fixed the problem.

Consider this ticket closed.

Raj