PDF to Excel conversion: unsupported text found in converted document using C#

Dear Support User,

I’m using some sample documents for Pdf to Excel conversions. After conversion, the converted excel output document has unsupported text. I tried multiple times, but the issue remains the same. I have attached both input & output for your reference. Kindly advise.
PDF to EXCEL.zip (84.1 KB)

Thanks.

1 Like

@ascertain

This issue is reproduced at our end. Hence, we’ve logged it in our internal issue tracking system with ID CONVERSIONNET-4975. It’ll be now further investigated. You’ll be notified about the outcomes.

1 Like

Hi Support Team,

I tried to convert another sample document from pdf to excel. I’m getting errors like “cannot convert. The file is corrupt or damaged.”. I can able to open that pdf file and view them. Kindly refer to the attached file and advise.

sample_8.zip (159.0 KB)

Thanks

1 Like

Upon further investigation, it’s been observed that the issue is with the PDF. This is not a Groupdocs.Conversion for .NET issue. When you try to convert the source PDF with Adobe Acrobat Pro, the converted file has same square/font in the output. Also, when you open the pdf and try to copy/paste text from it, the result is the same (invalid font/square chars). So, definitely there is something wrong with this particular pdf. Maybe font or encoding, or both, but for sure it’s not a Conversion issue.

We are investigating this scenario. Your investigation ticket ID is CONVERSIONNET-4976.

1 Like

The issues you have found earlier (filed as CONVERSIONNET-4976) have been fixed in this update. This message was posted using Bugs notification tool by nikola.yankov