PDFs not being rendered correctly in HTML

I have several examples of PDFs that are not rendering correctly in HTML. Is this something that you can test on your end and get back to me? We’re simply having the groupdocs API extract the HTML and sticking it in a div on a page.

@JonDosmann,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

Can you please tell us the version of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET you are using at your end? We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

@JonDosmann

Thanks for providing the version number.

We have successfully reproduced your reported issue at our end. It has been logged into our issue tracking system with ID:VIEWERNET-1256. We will further perform the investigation and in case of any further updates, we’ll keep you informed.

Warm Regards

Much appreciated. I’ll pass that on to the team here. I know they paid quite a bit (for us) for this product so they’ll be excited to hear it’s being addressed.

Anticipating there next questions, I’ll just ask now.
Is there a time frame I can expect a patch for this? **Big one. We’re moving our product into full production soon and if we can’t rely on GroupDocs we’ll need to begin searching for alternatives.
Will it be deployed in the form of a new version for everyone or will we be getting a custom build?
Is there a work around in the mean time? Some setting that we can inform our content creators to use on PDFs that will prevent the issues from occurring?
You provided a tracking ID: ID:VIEWERNET-1256. Is there a place I can use that tracking ID to view progress? Is it merely for further updates? Will I be updated in this thread by the product team or via e-mail?

@JonDosmann

Thanks for your response.

Is there a time frame I can expect a patch for this? **Big one. We’re moving our product into full production soon and if we can’t rely on GroupDocs we’ll need to begin searching for alternatives.

Currently, we are unable to promise any time frame for the fix of this issue until the investigation is not completed. Furthermore, the ETA for the fix depends upon the nature and complexity of the issue.

Will it be deployed in the form of a new version for everyone or will we be getting a custom build?

Yes, the fixes are usually provided in the regular monthly releases of the API. However, if you have purchased the Priority Support, you can request for the hot-fix to get the custom build outside the normal release schedule after the issue is resolved.

Is there a work around in the mean time? Some setting that we can inform our content creators to use on PDFs that will prevent the issues from occurring?

In case we find any work around for this issue, we’ll surely share that with you without any further delay.

You provided a tracking ID: ID:VIEWERNET-1256. Is there a place I can use that tracking ID to view progress? Is it merely for further updates? Will I be updated in this thread by the product team or via e-mail?

You can view the status of the issue in the LHS panel of the first post in this thread (as shown in this screenshot). We’ll also be in touch with you and share the updates with you via this forum thread.

In case you would have any other questions or queries, please do let us know.

Warm Regards

Thank you. I appreciate your concise answers and prompt replies.

What time of the month are the releases typically deployed?

@JonDosmann,

You are always welcome.

What time of the month are the releases typically deployed?

The monthly release of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET is usually published in the last week of each month.

Warm Regards

Has this issue been resolved? I am working on the team with the original requester and we are still having this problem with our code.

@Chris_Miller,

I am afraid that the issue is not yet resolved. However, as soon as we have any updates, we’ll share that with you. We appreciate your cooperation and patience.

Been a few months and we are still experiencing this issue with a lot of our PDFs we upload. Any work around or updates here?

@Chris_Miller,

We apologize for the inconvenience but the issue is still not fixed. We will check if we can share the progress updates with you. We will appreciate your patience in this regards.

You can also avail Priority Support in case you want to increase the priority of this issue in Issue Tracking System. For details, please visit here.

@Chris_Miller,

We are delighted to inform that your reported issue, logged as VIEWERNET-1256, has been fixed. The fix will be included in the version 18.5 of GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET which is expected to be released in the first half of the next month. Once the release is onboard, we’ll notify you here.

@Chris_Miller,

The issue you have found earlier (logged as VIEWERNET-1256) has been fixed in this release.

Wonderful. I just updated and I’ll be trying it out when I can get it working.

@Chris_Miller,

Sure.