PDFs opening slowly

Hello,

we are using groupdocs viewer 3.6. We are facing a performance issue. When we are trying to open pdf file, it took about 25 seconds for one page pdf. In our viewer parameters we use “useHtmlBasedEngine=false”.

Do you suggest anything to try for open document faster?

Hi Fkucuk,

Thanks for using GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET.

Please note that document rendering time does not depend only on number of pages but it also depends on other factors such as document’s content which can include text, images, tables, server loading and so on. Therefore, the time varies for different documents containing different types of content. Furthermore, we recommend you to use the latest version of the GroupDocs.Viewer for .NET API (version 16.10.0) for a better experience.

If you will have any other questions, please feel free to ask.

Warm Regards

Hello,

Sorry for late response. I update my dll’s and controlled again. I found something can cause this issue.

I looked network activity in chrome devtool. i’m trying to open pdf that has only one page but viewer made same request twice for that request.

<span style=“color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Consolas, “Lucida Console”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>https://eba.bimser.com.tr/BimserViewer/document-viewer/GetDocumentPageImage?path=KOTON_eBA%20_eBA%20Workflow%20_150420143f722598-af87-46d4-94be-1e9955330b07.pdf&width=1033&quality=100&usePdf=True&
<span style=“color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Consolas, “Lucida Console”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>useHtmlBasedEngine=False&rotate=True&pageIndex=0&dummy=1478001105556
<span style=“color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Consolas, “Lucida Console”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>
<span style=“color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Consolas, “Lucida Console”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>https://eba.bimser.com.tr/BimserViewer/document-viewer/GetDocumentPageImage?path=KOTON_eBA%20_eBA%20Workflow%20_150420143f722598-af87-46d4-94be-1e9955330b07.pdf&width=1033&quality=100&usePdf=True&
<span style=“color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: Consolas, “Lucida Console”, “Courier New”, monospace; font-size: 12px; white-space: pre-wrap; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);”>useHtmlBasedEngine=False&rotate=True&pageIndex=0

Only difference between those request only the dummy parameter. they returns the same image. I dont use thumbnails, so its not thumbnail request.

Do you have any idea what cause that request called twice?

Hi Fkucuk,

Thanks for your response.

Can you please tell us if you are using any of our open source document viewer applications? Also, if you are using any of open source applications and you have modified it as per your requirements then please share the source code with us. We shall be looking forward to your response.

Warm Regards

Hello,

I’m using ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End application. Actually i create a project and copy paste from sample that what i need. For example we are not gonna use select file from a folder, so i didn’t copy those methods.

If you control your sample, and it doesnt call request twice as like as our project, i can share my application too.

Thanks for help,
Best regards,

Hi Fkucuk,

Thanks for providing the details.

We’ll investigate the issue at our end and share the outcome with you. Thanks for your cooperation.

Warm Regards

Hi there,

Thanks for your patience.

We investigated your reported issue in ASP.NET_MVC_Front_End at our end and found that two requests are posted for same page even when thumbnails are not used. Therefore. I have logged this issue in GitHub issues as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/95. We shall further investigate the issue and once we have any updates, we’ll notify you here.

Have a nice day.
Warm Regards

Thanks for the info. I’m waitin your response.

Kind regards,
Hi Fkucuk,

You are always welcome.

Warm Regards

Hello,

Is there any progress about this issue?

Best regards,

Hi Fkucuk,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We have just got an update that your reported issue, logged on GitHub as https://github.com/groupdocs-viewer/GroupDocs.Viewer-for-.NET/issues/95, has been resolved. You will have to include viewerStyle : 1 in JavaScript parameters in index.cshtml. You can also download the updated source code from GitHub repository.

Have a nice weekend ahead.
Warm Regards