Peformance: 50-page text document taking about 7 minutes to load

We are having some performance issues on compare.

This is our minimum server environment:
Intel Xeon 4 cores @2.13GHz
8GB memory
64-bit Windows Server 2012 R2 with latest patches and updates as of 6/25/2015.

Our projected typical files for comparison are texts with around 50 pages.

Based on our initial performance tests, the load times is taking around 7 minutes.

We would like to significantly reduce this.
Ideally, to < 10 sec total load time.

Download the test file here.

We are using the recommended settings and configuration from GroupDocs.

Please let me know if you need further information.

Thank you.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Leo

We can approve the issue. Our product team will do all the best to optimize the library and reduce loading time. This version will be ready in the next month.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

I see that the status is fixed do you have a release date for this?

I will be working on any Compare, Annotations, and Viewer bug fixed next week and would like to know if you have any planned releases soon.

Thanks.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Pavel,

Are you still on track with this issue?

Thanks.

Leo
Hello Leo,

Thank you for posting and using GroupDocs.Comparison.

Yes, you are right, this issue was resolved. We plan to release new version of the GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET on next week.

You will be notified in this forum thread, when the version will be released.

------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the request. Yes, I’m on the track. New optimized version of the Comparison will be ready in the middle of the month, could be closer to the end of it because as you understand such optimization require a lot of changes which also should be well tested.

Best regards.

Thanks, Pavel.

Regards,

Leo

Hi Evgen,

I got a notification of a release today (here), but don’t see the performance enhancement in the release notes. Was this a miss?

Thanks.

Leo

Thanks, Pavel.

Appreciate it.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Sorry for the confusion, the new version of the Viewer was released and your issue with the performance related for the Comparison library which will be released on this week.

We will notify you when it will be available.

Best regards.

Thanks, Pavel.

Also, there is an Annotation bug that we are waiting for (here). Do you have release dates for these as well?

Thanks,

Leo

Hi Leo,

I will try to found out more info about the Annotation release and then I will come back to you with the updates.

Thank you.

Hi Leo,

I have discussed release date with the product team and found out that the new version of the Annotation will be released on this week. But they are not sure that fix of your bug will be included because unfortunately it’s not resolved yet.

I will keep you updated.

Best regards.

Hi Pavel,

Is performance included in the latest GroupDocs.Comparison for .NET 2.5.0 release?

Thanks.

Leo

Hi Leo,

Thank you for the question. Yes, the ticket DOCOMPARE-914 is resolved in the Comparison 2.5.0

Best regards.

Thanks, Pavel.

Regards,

Leo

Any time.

Regards.

Hi Pavel,

I downloaded the latest release and testing the performance. Is there any configuration changes needed to optimize the newly released code?

I am still in the initial testing phase but I am not seeing any significant performance change from the previous release.

Thanks.

Leo

Hello Leo,

Thank you for your inquiry.

No, you don't need to change your code , all performance changes were implemented in core of the library. At the moment the performance was improved only on 25%, but we still continue to improve the performance of our library. And with each our new release of the library we will do everything possible to increase the performance.

We apologize for the inconvenience.

--------

Best regards,
Evgen Efimov

http://groupdocs.com
Your Document Collaboration APIs
Follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook and Google+

Ok.

Thanks, Evgen.